Renthal grips

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
bourney
Settled in member
Reactions:
Renthal grips

Post by bourney » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:01 am

Will these fit my cbr400 NC23?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENTHAL-ROAD-RACE ... 3ca996cdf2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also (yes i admit, i know nothing about grips etc) whats the difference between the 3 compounds??
I'm guessing it's just how soft the rubber on the grip is? right?

So a softer rubber will grip to your glove better???

If so then why would they sell a firmer rubber that dosn't grip quite as well as the softer one??

justmartyn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Only 2 left.....
Re: Renthal grips

Post by justmartyn » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:58 am

Cant be sure those will fit, Renthal grips come in different lengths and unless I'm missing something they arent stating which those are. The 400 throttle tube is a wee bit shorter than that of larger capacity bikes so the grip will overhang and you wont be able to lockwire it. It way also foul on your bar ends.
The 3 compounds relate to the "feel" of the grip, and not necessarily how much it will grip to your glove. The softer the rubber however, the sooner it will need replaced. I have mediums on my bikes and swear by them.

Hope that helps.

bourney
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by bourney » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:26 am

Ahhh, so what size did you put on your bike mate?

any links??

cheers :D

bourney
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by bourney » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:32 am

After a very quick scan through ebay (got to go out in a sec) i found some 125mm grips and 120mm grips.

Does anybody know the correct size (if either :S) for the cbr400 nc23?

racesupplies
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by racesupplies » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:54 pm

Quick tip,I use them on my vintage trials bike.If you get WD40 on them they turn to a sticky mess.Carefull if youre drying out damp switchgear.

bourney
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by bourney » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:15 pm

racesupplies wrote:Quick tip,I use them on my vintage trials bike.If you get WD40 on them they turn to a sticky mess.Carefull if youre drying out damp switchgear.

Thanks for that, i have being spraying the switch gear on my other bike every time i've washed it latley to avoid ice building behind the buttons (jammed my starter button on last time i washed it in the cold and didn't spray with WD-40).

You've probably saved me a pair of grips :D:D cheers.

What do you spray your switch gears with then? silicone?

racesupplies
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by racesupplies » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:21 pm

I dont really use it,I havent got a road bike.All my bikes have only got kill switches.