Looking for some bling for xmas

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
ls1vzssz
Settled in member
Reactions:
Looking for some bling for xmas

Post by ls1vzssz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:00 am

Can somebody point out for me where I can buy some fancy bar ands and fork pre-load
adjusters. I'm looking for some bling..

So bar ends in a nice red anodized colour would be nice. If not the black with white RR
engraved into them like you can get for the cbr600.

As for pre-load adjusters, Oberon have some here. My nc30 is a 1990 Jap spec.
http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/aca ... R400R.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will they fit, does anybody know? Or should I just e-mail these guys? It doesn't appear as tho
my front forks have that much available thread, but is that just the way they are adjusted or
just old style forks?

Maybe some clear led indicators with a carbon look would be good to. Or at least clear lenses.
I have small catseye style indicators with orange lenses and carbon look now. They were on the
bike when I purchased it. I just hate the orange lens.

Also I saw the thread on somebody suggesting led indicator bar ends would be cool. I like the idea,
just wondering if anyone here has fitted them up to their nc30?

Cheers.

dx400r
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Looking for some bling for xmas

Post by dx400r » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Demon Tweeks or Ebay will probably cater for anodised barends - I wouldnt but thats me.

Oxford do nice LED indicators and judging by the number of Leds in them they will be very bright indeed. I want some :)

You may have early forks which I doubt someone would make an aftermarket adjuster for but I could be wrong... maybe have a word with Tyga Performance.

I think barend mounted indicators would be a BAD idea as the NC30 has clipons which means the bars are attached lower and more out of sight than some flat bars just get a set of Oxford Indi's and be happy. They look really well made :D

superlite
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: TLS, LB80 x 2

Post by superlite » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:36 pm

I thought this was a wind up, but I'll asume it's not.

Any bar end will pretty much fit - it's mainly down to the screw size and length of the bar end ( they'll be too long or too short and rub on the grips). Easily modded to fit.

LED indicators are cool, but make sure you get the right relay so they don't double flash - not cool!

And if you must get anodised stuff, make sure it's top qual. Generally, the deeper the colour the better the quality and the less likely it is to fade.

And yes, I used to be an anodised freak, but them were the '90s (see pic - and dang that was a sweet licence plate!). But I've learnt the error of my ways and now prefer black (it's the new anodised afer all).

'Take it to the Back'

Kent_rider_nc35
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Kent_rider_nc35 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:52 pm

looking at some new bits for my rvf at the moment and was considering some new indicators but i want to know whether they fit nicely on the standard farings holes/mounts?

as the honda have those big chunky flashers with big mount holes and i dont want any big holes around where they are attached!

also on my christmas list are a nice set of crash bobbins.... can anyone direct me t a place that sells them for my rvf? or are bobbins just bobbins that fit everything?

cheers guys and sorry for the thread jack! :ninja:

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 Road, SV650 Race

Post by Spike16 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm

get R&G non drill crash bungs their the law for road bike racers it dosnt matter having to drill the fairings

DanHam
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by DanHam » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Sorry to kind of hijack, I'm kind of confused.

What from here do I need to replace the whole front axle bolt?

http://www.tastynuts.com/Products/Honda ... _NC30_8994" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers.

Mines gone rusty and looks crap :down:

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:27 pm

http://www.tastynuts.com/Products/VFR40 ... Bolt_Front" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What is confusing about that?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

DanHam
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by DanHam » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:41 pm

CMSMJ1 wrote:http://www.tastynuts.com/Products/VFR40 ... Bolt_Front

What is confusing about that?
I found that one, the piece I'm on about really is the bit on the other side, I don't know what its called, its like a round cylinder thing opposite the front axle bolt.

alexwitham
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 675R, GSXR6, NC30

Post by alexwitham » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:09 pm

If your on about the cylidrical shaft on the opposite fork leg that has two holes in the and is hollow, thats ur spindle :roll:

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:05 pm

alexwitham wrote:If your on about the cylidrical shaft on the opposite fork leg that has two holes in the and is hollow, thats ur spindle :roll:

LOL

Dan - figure out your bike first..don't waste money on tat when you have no idea about the machine itself..

don't mean to take the piss..but man...what did you think it was? :o
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate