Fairings from China/Hong Kong

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Icemaestro
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Re: Fairings from China/Hong Kong

Post by Icemaestro » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:45 pm

Tank rubbers from rick o, or David silver

simes205
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Vespa 300GTS, NC30

Post by simes205 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:05 pm

HI,

Just bought these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110775787963? ... EBIDX%3AIT

to replace what was an irreparable nose cone and cracked mudguard. Lucky I bought the whole set as the blue is slightly darker to previously. I replaced these directly as I didn't want to repaint the tank but hey - might as well get that done. Came with a screen but it's dark tint....anyone?

Paid £70 for shipping + £46 import duty.

My old fairings are ABS and similar in quality.
So far I have had to redrill holes and drill out and refit / rivit DZUS fittings on lower fairing. The panel in front of the radiators I will not change I'll just keep my old one.
I'm currently in the process of spraying the inside of the nosecone black.

Overall the finish is good but you will need to tidy up some of the edges redrill holes. Probably about 10-12 hours work in total
I'll do the seat in the next few days.
Overall for the money it's pretty good.

BigRab
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BigRab » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi Simes,
have you any photos of the finished bike. how would you rate the Chinese panels overall.
thanks
Rab

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:30 am

Anyone out there got the Tyga fairing kit for the NC35 and tried to fit front indicators? There are no holes in the Tyga fairing and I want advice on drilling'n'cutting the expensive panels, which I haven't bought yet but I'm planning to when I can save up all those squids. Thanks.

Swingarm
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: AR 125, NC30

Post by Swingarm » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:01 pm

After checking over the condition of my original panels, with a few broken lugs and multiple hairline cracks I decided to buy replacements from here - with a request to change some of the decals

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-Fair ... 90130.html

I'm hoping the fit will be good, and I'm happy to drill out any holes

If it's a good swap I'll keep it and sell the originals, if not I'll use the pattern parts while I get the originals repaired

I'll let you know when they arrive :)

Icemaestro
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Icemaestro » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:58 am

Just bought a set from the cheapest place on aliexpress, was very very impressed with the fit - didn't have to drill anything! Only negative is the poor fit at the front and quarter panels which is common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psalliss
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Ducati multistrada 2013 s tour

Post by psalliss » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:34 pm

Icemaestro wrote:Just bought a set from the cheapest place on aliexpress, was very very impressed with the fit - didn't have to drill anything! Only negative is the poor fit at the front and quarter panels which is common

Have you got a link and pics?

Icemaestro
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Icemaestro » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:54 pm

Link: http://s.aliexpress.com/jQ7jmyyu
4 Free Gifts + Motor Fairing Kit for 1988 1989 1990 19911992 Honda 88 -92 VFR400R NC30 MC30 White Red & Blue +Brand Logo Decal

With stock tail though, sent him a pic of a standard bike. Will take some photos later today, paid about 310usd all up and another 50 for a tank cover that they first forgot, then painted wrong...apparently the one i asked for is on its way now

Icemaestro
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Icemaestro » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:55 am

Right here we go. Main issues - rear as always messy around the joins and a bit covered by the seat below the lock is off, and no tail light fixing. Sides actually very good. Average join to the front cowl, I vaguely remember someone saying they fabricated their own joiners which would fix it - the tabs are just too small and weak to pull it together properly. Front cowl was fine, fair bit of fiddling to get the oem v piece in (one that comes is crap), and mudguard requires putting some receptacle in it to take the bolts (not installed yet). For 310$usd though can't complain, and fit much better than the ones I bought in 2009 where the seat didn't line up at all. If anyone has any suggestions to improve the fit, please let me know. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Swingarm
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: AR 125, NC30

Post by Swingarm » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:31 pm

This is a bit disappointing. Mine are being made right now and I sure hope they fit better