Fairings from China/Hong Kong

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
jimmytanko
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Fairings from China/Hong Kong

Post by jimmytanko » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:30 am

grubbysubby wrote:I will let you know how it goes. They are going on between Christmas and new year.
I did have an off at about 20mph due to fly tippers leaving hardcore on the road on the industrial estate where my bike is kept. Small amount of damage to existing fairings.

Also broke the rear brake pedal. Any one got one to sell ??

Or what replacement rear sets work with the brake switch ? Help me please !!! :pray:
Any progress on the fairings yet?
Hoping to buy some soon would be good to hear your experience with them.
I'm also looking at race candy fairings gonna call them this week for a price for a full set unpainted/painted

shadow
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, Honda CRM, Yamaha Serow

Post by shadow » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:32 pm

I bought these before christmas, well chuffed. I can't seem to upload the pics to a decent size.

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones

Post by jim157 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:30 pm

shadow wrote:I bought these before christmas, well chuffed. I can't seem to upload the pics to a decent size.

It's best to use a photo host:-
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44827
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

monstermonte
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by monstermonte » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:23 am

Hi, here was the one I fitted last year (not the current bike I might add that has all oem fairings!) They do get a bad press until you buy and fit yourself. some are way better on detail like colour and sticker position (wose bit was the line up on the mid front as they don't seem to taper to match the seat farings well ) so as for an alternative they can be a nice option. cheers

as opposed to my other nc30 with ALL GENUINE fairings paint scheme etc (which I still have)
Last edited by monstermonte on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadow
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by shadow » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:51 pm

That looks stunning.If my bike looks as good as that I'm going to be over the moon. I was thinking of having yellow Honda wings on my tank and now I know I am, it breaks up the red. I still can't get my pics to load properly, I think the file is to big, I will get my big brother on to it.

monstermonte
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by monstermonte » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi, good luck and just take your time when fitting them. If the bikes going nowhere soon it will pay to fit them the best you can. as you can see fron the first two pictures(j reg 1992) they do look good! I prefer the yellow tank wings (bottom pic has rc30 tank wings, f reg 1989 ) but all genuine fairings. cheers, Paul

shadow
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by shadow » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 pm

I have spent an age fitting them together. I bought some sheets of ABS and good quality plastic adhesive. I decided to fix the three parts of the seat unit together, I wanted the joins to look nicely lined up. The joint between the nosecone and the uppers were a bit tricky, I made and glued on new tabs and now they click and lock into place very much like the originals. The complete front fairing was assembled in the kitchen and is in the spare bedroom ready for painting inside. I have bought some ace heatshield from america called Lava mat, it is made from volcano rock and can withstand 1200 degrees heat, my bike does run hot :grin: I took four years before I took the plunge on the fairings and I am so pleased with them. A new old stock left hand lower sold on ebay a few weeks ago for £258.00. that is more than I paid for a complete set with postage and tax.

dougie conacher
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by dougie conacher » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:54 pm

hi shadow,you seem to be the only person who hasnt cable tied the headlamp cowl to the lower fairing,so it is possible with time spent to get them fitting well,i dont think i could live with the cable tie set up.
cheers rimsky.

shadow
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by shadow » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Hi Rimsky, You need to make some tabs out of ABS and glue them onto said headlamp cowl and lower fairing. It should work like the Honda way, when you hinge them out they release from the tab on the headlight cowl. All of my fairing are fitted with Stainless steel tabs so it takes minutes to undo all the M6 bolts and strip the fairings from the bike. I will get some photos up soon

djcmx49
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400, CBR600RR

Post by djcmx49 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:47 am

Hey shadow I'm very interested in your method of connecting headlamp cowl to inspection panels on lowers with your tabs. I had a malfunction with my China body panels and lost my right panel due to it popping loose and ripping off bike unbenounced to me...now need paint job on a used panel and want to insure it doesn't happen again. I have a few ideas but am curious to see what you did to solve the issue...pictures would be awesome :) thanks