Fairings from China/Hong Kong

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
jimlad
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30 1992
Chinese Fairings

Post by jimlad » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi
been viewing quite a few nc30's latlely and all have had very tatty fairings,which i know is to be expected with the age of the bikes,has any one had one of the abs chinese bodykits that are on ebay? If so what has the fitment and quality of the paintwork been like? how much was the import tax?

Thanks.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29
Re: Chinese Fairings

Post by royster81 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:01 pm

fella you need to do a search as this topic has been done over a 100 times .
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:05 pm

someone please make one of these chinese crapy fairing threads a sticky, we must be getting 1 a day lately!!!

viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400RR, CBR1000RR6

Post by viper_biker » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:10 pm

They're meant to be shit, not line up correctly and the stickers are askew.

However, if cheap enough, I'd fit a set to my 'Blade, but at £300+ that's more than I'm looking to spend when it could be spent elsewhere
Ducati 916, not worth a carrott

viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400RR, CBR1000RR6
Fairings from China/Hong Kong

Post by viper_biker » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:11 pm

OK, so here's the sticky on these fairings. A lot of posts get started asking about them so flame away or give your praise. Pics will always help explain things better so knock yourselves out.
Ducati 916, not worth a carrott

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:15 pm

viper_biker wrote:They're meant to be shit, not line up correctly and the stickers are askew.

However, if cheap enough, I'd fit a set , but at £300+ that's more than I'm looking to spend when it could be spent elsewhere
i can see it from both sides fella.

if i had a bike with NO bodywork but wanted a set, by the time i sourced plastic panels,repaired the cracks, got them to a painter and paid him, £300 isn't going to get you far with that.

£300 for some fibreglass and a paint job is still tight budget so the china fairings delivered and fitted isn't all bad if you can live with the mistakes.

i couldn't so plastic all the way for me ...
:roll: :roll:
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

pugparcels
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30 & 929 fireblade

Post by pugparcels » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:43 pm

royster81 has hit the nail on the head, if you have no fairings / need cheap replacements then they are the way to go but they aint perfect. if you have the money for new oem or can get them repaired then go that way.

when a silly cow smashed my blade up they wrote it off as a cat 'd. it is worth far less than it should be no matter what i did to it. it is only a commuter so i bought some chinese fairings with a bit of work they fitted not badly and i pocketed the spare cash.

have to say after 18 months in all weather they are still together and in one piece with all paint intact! maybe im lucky....

pugparcels
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Fairings from China/Hong Kong

Post by pugparcels » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:04 pm

downsides,

with my blades kit i had to make brackets to fix the rear light, the head light and a couple of other bits. all of the fairing holes needed drilling out and some didnt even line up. i had to put a plumbers soldering matt in a couple of places inside the fairing so it didnt melt on the engine casing as it was a tighter fit.

upsides

looks extremly good from a distance, not bad close up. only when you start getting really close you can see flaws. this design turns a lot of heads and not many people reconise it to be a 929 fireblade most think it is a cbr 600 f and are shocked when they cant keep up. the dosh i saved meant i could also buy new wavey discs, full laser race system, custom seat and have the tank resprayed with money to spare as well.

personally if you are thinking of buying these try to see some in the flesh first so you know what to expect, then make up your own mind..

jowyvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Aprilia rs125, nc30,..Van Van!

Post by jowyvfr » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:09 pm

Fancy transferring this thread into the sticky one Gareth, break the ice and all that!? :poke: ........... :Bmods:

pugparcels
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by pugparcels » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:37 pm

a sticky thread has been created - see active topics