My RVF thread

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
tanuki
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: CCM404 SM, CBR4/6 in progress
My RVF thread

Post by tanuki » Fri May 02, 2008 2:11 pm

ok so I thought I would move this over with a bit of subtle editing from the old forum as it is still a work in progress.

As some of you know my RVF looks like this (minus the cheesy belly pan stickers) :

and it has a half decent spec :

Harris clipons
HRC CDI
HRC overflow
HRC rear res
Rethal sprocket
Ethos system (full)
Tyga rearsets
Tyga RCV carbon fender
Tyga lockstop reducer
Tyga clock surround
NC29 hideaway rear pegs
MPH converter
Alloy screen brace
Carbon chain guard
Nitron rear shock
Goodrich lines F&R
Dynoed and set up by Stephen (V4 lord of the Sith)

but I want more LOL, so over the winter months I have managed to get together this little lot:

All Honda panels all lugs intact, I have just bought myself a new nosecone and LHS belly pan as mine has a small crack in the nose and a little melty bit on the belly as I want a complete set of mint original panels in the loft if ever I decide to put the bike back to standard, I am not very happy about using the fibreglass V piece but at the moment its all that I have but when I take the panels over to be sprayed I may well take my original one and replace it at a later date.

Really all of the work I have done so far in cut away at the headlight so that I can blank off the LHS headlight giving the Suzuka rep look:

I have gone a differnt route to Speedy who cut his headlight completely in half, I went at mine with the soldering iron and dremel to trim enough away so there is a big enough gap for when the headlight is blocked off.

I have also managed to get myself a set of Magteks (easy Rhory!!) which have been powdercoated white and are at the moment with my spray man for a bit of 'embelishment'.

So thats really it for now, my spray man is coming over soon to mark up the panels when they are on the bike so that he can get the lines of the OKI rep in line with the tank, the quote I have been given for the full respray (not inluding the tank) is really really good but before I reveal that price I need to know if its a one off price to me or if its his standard rate, if its his standard rate its awesome as I have had work done by him in the past (he did my Tyga tail on my Rothmans NSR MC21 SP) and he used to do all of the Foggy Petronus paint (of which I have a little keepsake which I doubt very many people in the world have mmwwoohahahaha).

This is all of the 'good stuff' that is going up in the loft with all of the other standard stuff that came off the bike.

and a couple of pics of the bike with no panels on and even though it had a wash really recently and I have only been out on it once this year there is a lot of crap on the bike so its gonna have a proper clean up now its naked.

Image Image

also got a couple of pic of the hide away NC29 pilllion pegs just in case anyone wanted to see where they are mounted.

Image Image

And now the cleaning starts...

Image Image

much much better now...

Image Image

A couple of before and after of the system...

Image Image

it not perfect but is 100 x better I dont really want perfect anyway I want the bike to look like its used.

Done a few other bits, fitted the 1/5 turn throttle and my bits from Jap4 also got the springs and odd bits I was missing from Graeme so thats it really I know the guy who is doing my painting is really snowed under but he did say that I would have them back this weekend but I have not heard from him yet but if they do turn up I will post a few teaser pics of the wheels and panels but no full pics until the bike is done..Damn there is nothing worse than waiting for someone else LOL.

howl
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: My RVF thread

Post by howl » Fri May 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi
Is that an HRC overflow bottle on your rad ? It looks a lot better than all the pipe work and that large std bottle .

tanuki
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by tanuki » Fri May 02, 2008 2:39 pm

Certainly is, you have to remove the original one to make way for the fold away pillion pegs.

Sligeach
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: '90 NC30 - '12 Stripe R

Post by Sligeach » Fri May 02, 2008 3:45 pm

those fold away pillion pegs are a big gangsta. do you not need to remove the rear seat unit to get them to fold down?

tanuki
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by tanuki » Fri May 02, 2008 4:21 pm

declangaelic wrote:those fold away pillion pegs are a big gangsta. do you not need to remove the rear seat unit to get them to fold down?
nope they work exactly the same as on the NC29, push the little tab and fold them down ;)

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400RR, ER6n

Post by Speedy » Sat May 03, 2008 11:30 pm

Any progress on the Suzuka fairing?
I just realised that you're having the Left headlight covered rather than the Right, is that because we ride on the Left here? :?:
When the mind is relaxed, the body will go faster! 8-)

tanuki
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by tanuki » Sun May 04, 2008 8:56 am

yes mate I thought it was a better idea.

RVF
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by RVF » Sun May 04, 2008 11:28 am

So when are you hoping to get the pannels back Billy?

We're trying to do Donington mid June is everything is up and running.

tanuki
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by tanuki » Sun May 04, 2008 11:34 am

soon vey soon I hope. I can do Dono whenever I have the CBR trackbike for that :twisted: although I need to do Cadwell on it first as that seems to be the cheapest trackday around ATM

d

lee_
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by lee_ » Sun May 04, 2008 7:19 pm

Looks a real nice job on the ethos, how did you clean it up like that?