Carbon Fibre NC30 Gauges?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
graham72
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30,
Carbon Fibre NC30 Gauges?

Post by graham72 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:40 am

Okiley dokiley, due to the carbon place cocking up the sizing for my CF number plate, I now have a sheet of CF sat in my kitchen begging for me to make it into something!
Now Ive been watching the thread about colour changing the gauges to white and I started thinking, what about real Carbon Fibre backed gauges?

The only way I can think of doing it at the moment is by scanning my original gauge faces into the computer, then fiddling with photoshop to try and get just the numbers and markings. Then print these to a sheet of clear sticky back plastic (how very blue peter!) to stick on top of the CF.

Thinking there may be a better way of going about this, anyone on here got any advice regarding this or done anything like this before?????

DanHam
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Carbon Fibre NC30 Gauges?

Post by DanHam » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Never seen it done, I bet it would look sick though! Give it ago. Will be interesting to see how you get on.

graham72
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by graham72 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Does anyone have a template of NC30 gauges in mph or a scan of the faces on their computer?
That way I can get this idea going without having to dismantle the gauges first!

graham72
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by graham72 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:33 pm

Ok may of found out why no-ones done it, it a bloody nightmare!!!
Apparently there is no such printable colour as white, so trying to get a way of printing an image onto some kind of paper with white letters and markings is not possible! laods of different decal papers etc that would do the job but no white ink!!!!
Grrrrr i will figure this out one way or another!! :shock:

jowyvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Aprilia rs125, nc30,..Van Van!

Post by jowyvfr » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:00 pm

Would you not just do it the same way as the white 400GB stickers? With the various numbers and circular lines etc made from vinyl on a backing that you could place on the carbon and peel off? just a thought. :?:

graham72
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by graham72 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah was thinking that, just left a message on vinylmarks thread asking if they can do this as the marks and numbers etc will be very small, could be the only way I think, but all depends if vinyl cutters can cut that small!!

I need an actual size scan of someones mph gauge faces so I can go chat to some vinyl places!

greggo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by greggo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:00 am

Where do you get these sheets of CF?

Would like one for a custom clock surround.

graham72
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by graham72 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:15 am

http://www.carbonmods.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They were doing a carbon fibre number plate for me but I needed a custom size and in the process of setting it up specially, one of their guys broke the vinyl cutter so they now no longer offer carbon plates, hence why Im making my own (will post up pics when I've finished it!)

They are a very helpful company, with expansive knowledge of CF, If you email them ask for Matt and tell him Graham the number plate machine killer sent you! :lol:

DanHam
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by DanHam » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:15 pm

so carbon lettering on a number plate isn't illegal?

I've just bought a carbon look one, and people keep telling me its illegal :down: (I know I cant afford a proper carbon one for now anyway)

viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400RR, CBR1000RR6

Post by viper_biker » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:11 pm

I can't see how c/f dials would look good, sorry. The K7/8 GSX-R 1000's have a fake white carbon look to them and it looks gash too.
Ducati 916, not worth a carrott