Carbon Fibre NC30 Gauges?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
graham72
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30,
Re: Carbon Fibre NC30 Gauges?

Post by graham72 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:13 pm

Oh yeah, it is totally illegal, "show use only"
I didnt want carbon look, so my plate is going to be carbon fibre plate with the letters cut out of the reflective yellow so the numbers and letters are the actual carbon showing through!

From a distance, pc plod shouldnt be able to tell the difference!!

Im managing to sort this out for around the £20-25 mark, so prob not a lot more than you paid for carbon look.
I only found two companies that sell real carbon fibre plates, one has just taken this product idea off their website, and the other company, is undergoing restructuring and wont respond to emails! (think that means going tits up!!)

graham72
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30,

Post by graham72 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:19 pm

viper_biker wrote:I can't see how c/f dials would look good, sorry. The K7/8 GSX-R 1000's have a fake white carbon look to them and it looks gash too.
Fake carbon always look gash, especially the coloured ones! Nowt like 2/2 twill real CF!

Not sure Im going to be able to do it anyway, seems like the only way I can get white markings is by using embossing powder, which looks like it could be more hassle than its worth!

brooky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr400,vfr400,crf250,ktm200exc

Post by brooky » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:54 pm

got to be honest most cf vinyl looks a little naff, but there are some pretty good ones, i have one thats is very realistic looking and looks awsome for decals, best avoided for small decals though as its got a metalic almost woven makeup
Vinylmark signs - for all your bike, car, van, vinyl needs, one off tshirts also printed.
http://www.vinylmarksigns.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; email sales@vinylmarksigns.co.uk