Carbon!

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Carlos
Settled in member
Reactions:
Carbon!

Post by Carlos » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:22 pm

Work has resumed on the bike (again!). Knocked these infill panels up this week, they'll do nothing for performance but look pretty trick. :geek:

calirvf
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Carbon!

Post by calirvf » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:32 pm

Looks sweet! can you post pics of the complete side? :D
Last edited by calirvf on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carlos
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Carlos » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:59 pm

There you go, bodywork was just thrown on quickly to check fit of infill panels but most together it's been for some time.

RVFHooligan
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by RVFHooligan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm

Looking good! I just sent my infill panels to a guy in New Jersey who is going to make them for me in carbon fiber. You beat me to it. He is also going to make the large heat shield behind the right rear set, the small exhaust shield before the exhaust can on the left, muffler hanger, muffler strap, and chain guard. I thought about having him make up a new rear shock heat shield since I just took a cut off wheel to it and removed it. :shock: He may attempt to make the air tubes also but said that might be more difficult.
My Sponsor? MasterCard, I only wish it was priceless!

Carlos
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Carlos » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:14 am

You are as bad as me amigo ;) as for carbon chainguard don't bother, they are cheap as chips on ebay and seem to look pretty good ( too much bother making up a mould when they are 30 quid), i made my own tank cowl and air tubes, however air tubes were a proper pain (8 piece mould!) reason mine don't look so slick atm is some heavy damage after a house move, so rubbed down and a coat of laquer required, bugger!. You'll probs find tooling costs for airtubes will be uber expensive and tricky too, I took a few shortcuts with mine but seem to remember a friend of Michael's (mruehl34) makes these, although not cheap. With the infill panels ask your pal if he can make in polyester or perhaps hi-temp poly rather than epoxy as this produces a lower modulus product, although quite thin these things need a fair bit of articulation to bend into the retaining lugs and look right, I used a 'stanard' poly with mine because epoxy was just way too stiff for a flat design, but backed then up with aluminium heat tape on the underside around the rad areas should be fine I'm hoping, yet to see how well they bear up?? at worst maybe some mat impression might appear in the matrix but I've used this method before with heat reflective tape and still ok after 10 years.
Keep it up ;)

tanuki
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: CCM404 SM, CBR4/6 in progress

Post by tanuki » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Are these the Tyga carbon infills?

me wanty...

dont suppose you fancy making me some carbon tube things do you? the ones from Murhel are a bit pricey.

calirvf
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by calirvf » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:22 pm

tanuki wrote:Are these the Tyga carbon infills?.
I think he made them :mrgreen:
carlos wrote: Knocked these infill panels up this week
Last edited by calirvf on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oliherst
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by oliherst » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:34 pm

Wow, what a gorgeous bike! I can only begin to imagine the hours and money that has been spent on that!

panteleimon
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by panteleimon » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:46 pm

Wow, that rear subframe looks like swiss cheese! :shock:

I like the spotless floor. (stops me staring for an unhealthy length of time at the carbon...) :D

Carlos
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Carlos » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:05 am

thanks, that reminds me, must get the hoover, mop and bleach out in the morning, OCD? me? no way brother :roll: talking of which, where is CraigS these days? anyone know?.. and also Roukillingtime,evilchicken and norse? this forum is lost without them(though I only got re-animated a few days ago so I should really read beyond V4 stuff) :cry:
Anyways , currently bidding on some F3 HRC marigolds, pinny and feather duster in works colours, wish me luck amigos! ;)
PS. when Craig gets out of the cleaning re-hab tell him I'm back, love to have another pint or two of brasso with that guy
( or tell him to buy a chop, always something to clean ;) )
as for Rou, not many of us old punk gits left, get in touch mate. :)