VFR + RVF paint codes

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
baileysam
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: VFR + RVF paint codes

Post by baileysam » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 pm

hi there everybody i dont write on here very often, but i think there is a lot of tail chasing going on as regards colour codes for nc/rvf/and rc paint codes, you have to remember the nc and rvfs were built getting on for twenty years ago, when they were origanaly painted at the factory they were done in a solvent based paint that paint is now is obsoleat ,it is now waterbase ,the popular colours were re formulated into waterbase ,and a lot were not ,a lot of the nc/rvf were not re formulated in waterbase,[ie imports] rs paints formulate the colours themselves some are ok ish some are not so good ,and you have to have a groundcoat it doubles the cost of the paint, so dont exspect a perfect match colour, you can ether cross match the colours with a exsiting colour, take in car bike and commercial colours,or take a panel to a good paint supplier and get them to match it , i have found the colours i use but they might not match the colours you are looking for, some of the colours i use are commercial colours i am still looking for a better match for the rc30 pearl white the pearl white is ok but the groundcoat white is not as good as i would like.

harvey_s
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by harvey_s » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:27 pm

I don't know if this info helps anyone, but my local motor factor has a Holts professional minimixing system to make up touch ups and rattle-cans.
I just asked if they could make up NH196 Ross White? He could and did and only charged me £13 for a large tin which I thought was fairly reasonable.
Out of interest I asked him what was in it other than white and it's also got miniscule additions of black, blue and violet pigments!

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:34 pm

That is right about the water based paints but ive never had a problem getting what i want in solvent.

vic-vtrvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 x4, VTR1000 Firestorm

Post by vic-vtrvfr » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:11 am

Morning everyone,

Amazed at the wealth of info & knowledge here about the paint codes, will def use it when i'm ready for paint.
But does anyone know the correct colour/code for the gold wheels that go with the NC30 RWB scheme?
Thanks again
Vic

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Drunkn Munky » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 am

YR502P - golden glow pearl

vic-vtrvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 x4, VTR1000 Firestorm

Post by vic-vtrvfr » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:19 am

Drunkn Munky wrote:YR502P - golden glow pearl
Brilliant, that you very much!!

arsey30
Reactions:
Bike owned: ftr223 650 bros

Post by arsey30 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:36 am

Although YR502P [a car colour?] is often used on HRC wheels, I think the lighter YR159M is closer [Magtek gold metallic]

It may come down to the owner's choice of shade according to the body panel colour, where the original shade is not required.

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Cammo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:35 pm

arsey30 wrote:Although YR502P [a car colour?] is often used on HRC wheels, I think the lighter YR159M is closer [Magtek gold metallic]
Hmm, there's some interesting thoughts on the hrc wheel gold colour here (under Feb 9, 2011):

http://rc30.yolasite.com/news.php
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

pauliealdridge69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Nc30,35,998s

Post by pauliealdridge69 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:33 pm

I need the type three light blue....any ideas?? type 1 is wisteria an looks similar but im guessing its not!! Although it is nh196 white and fighting red r134 and dark blue like it!?

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Drunkn Munky » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:42 pm

I dunno i reckon they are the same blues as used in the type 1 scheme