Tactical fuel tap replacement

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: Tactical fuel tap replacement

Post by CMSMJ1 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:37 pm

GrahamReeves wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:25 pm
Hi... yes.. the vacuum protect works as the tap, when switched off, doesn't pass fuel but if bike is running and creating a vacuum it passes fuel. Granted not as much if the tap was switched to on but enough to keep the bike running and not drain the bowls. So knackered tap then I presume? Where's the ones at £110 as the ones I find are all over £200. Thanks
The doofus question - but you are sucking the vacuum spigot, not the drain spigot? I reckon you could get a tap rubber fixing kit from someone like Rick Oliver or via Andy Pocock (what's his name on here? CB1pod70 << drop Andy a line)
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

GrahamReeves
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by GrahamReeves » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:49 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply... definitely the vacuum spigot. No vacuum applied then no leak, vacuum applied then it dribbles from the fuel spigot... the vacuum is working so dont think a repair kit from RO will sort it as seems to be the front of the tap issue which is riveted so unserviceable. Only way I can drain the carbs is at the float bowls. My bro is in Japan in April so he's going to pick me up a new tap. Hopefully that'll sort it. Thanks again.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:43 am

Are you running an in line fuel filter? They never had one as standard...maybe that is knackered?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

GrahamReeves
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by GrahamReeves » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:47 am

Hi, no, completely standard setup. When I took the tank off to test the tap I switched the tap to off and no fuel flow... applied a vacuum and the fuel dribbles out of the main fuel line... not full flow if the tap was switched to on or res but enough to still keep the bike running.