Decals, stickers, call them what you will.

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Decals, stickers, call them what you will.

Post by Foxy400 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:42 pm

This post should by rights go in the Graphics section but as nobody looks in there (except me) I reckon there's more chance of it being seen if I stick it in General.
I'm looking for a top quality decal set for the NC29 type 5. I know the colours are hard to match and I've heard that the original pixilated print is difficult, if not impossible, to replicate. But I want to know if anyone has experience of any company producing excellent reproductions, other than Image Works. I know all about Image Works and have used them on various occasions but I'm wondering if there are alternatives.

And I thought I'd chuck in a smiley I've never used in nearly 10 years membership on this forum :peace:

And another, before it's too late bighug

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F
Re: Decals, stickers, call them what you will.

Post by cbr400rrn » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:12 pm

Can’t help as ive only heard of graphics done by image works that davez29 got put on his nc29 rrr version and I think he got image works to apply them as well, sorry not what you asked i know

Foxy400
Reactions:

Post by Foxy400 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:55 pm

I'm posting this just to see if it's still possible..and it looks like it is..so I will.

Well, I went with Image Works, partly because I couldn't find an alternative. I ordered the NC29 Type 5 decal set on March 22nd. I'm still waiting. I called Image Works yesterday and was told 'ah yes, we're working on them now'. Hmm, seems to have taken a while but hey ho. He said they'd be in the post before the end of the day or first thing this morning at the latest, and I should have them by Wednesday (tomorrow). We shall see.

No doubt my slot at the paint shop has been shuffled along. I'm away for a few days in Wales so won't get there before the middle of next week. By which time further posting on this forum may have been curtailed.

Foxy400
Reactions:

Post by Foxy400 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:18 am

Well it's April 12th and the decal set has finally arrived. Fortunately Image Works wrapped them well in plastic because the delivery people left the box outside in the rain. I haven't taken them out of their plastic packaging yet, I'm going to take the lot to the paint shop and open them there. The paint shop is called Ride and Restore. They're about 4 miles from me, which is extremely convenient. I now waiting for them to get back to me with a date.

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46

Post by Suzuki416 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:55 pm

need pics....

Foxy400
Reactions:

Post by Foxy400 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:22 pm

Suzuki416 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:55 pm
need pics....
I know, I know, I know. Very frustrating but in 9 years I haven't cracked the picture-posting-puzzle. I don't know whether it makes any difference, but I use Apple and not Microsoft, mainly because I'm IT incompetent and Mac makes much more sense to me. So apologies.

Still not heard from Ride and Restore but hopefully I will do in the next week or so. Something that was pointed out at our last meeting was that the white for the Type 5 scheme is a pearl white. This naturally makes it more expensive :roll:

LancasterTony
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by LancasterTony » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:27 am

Foxy400 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:22 pm
Suzuki416 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:55 pm
need pics....
I know, I know, I know. Very frustrating but in 9 years I haven't cracked the picture-posting-puzzle...
pic posting is pretty straightforward. go here https://imgbb.com/upload create an account and under the picture you drop into their website will be 3 options (you want the embed using BB code (BB = Bulletin Board ??? i think) you'll notice below the emojis on the right at the bottom it states that "[img] is ON" to give an idea of the format your link should be in). if you could edit the images to something like 900 pixels wide before posting them into imgbb.com it would be appreciated but not essential.

having said that, I just followed my own steps and got a broken image... which makes me think the forum might have disallowed images for the moment.