It's been a while...

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
superfourben
Settled in member
Reactions:
It's been a while...

Post by superfourben » Mon May 03, 2021 10:43 pm

I haven't been on the forum for years, just having a look back. I have a Honda Superfour NC31 F2N, tried to restart the bike today after an overnight recharge and only got clicking noises, jump and bump started fine but failed to recharge on a ride. Looks like I've got a a day of fun with a multimeter ahead of me :grin:
Any other Superfour owners still here, last time I was on the forum we had our own section, guess the numbers are dwindling???

RedSuperFour
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: It's been a while...

Post by RedSuperFour » Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 am

New 'Super Four' owners joining everyday.....hi!

Sunnyday
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: UK NC30 17" Rear.

Post by Sunnyday » Sat May 15, 2021 8:08 am

Hi Mate,

Sounds like the battery might have gave up i would check your numbers acrosss the battery when ticking over and then higher revs see what you get then you will know what to investigate.

Good luck an easy fix i am sure.

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Sat May 15, 2021 9:43 pm

Hi superfourben
Yes the numbers across the forum are dwindling as which daft bugger wants a bike that's over 20 years old and usually need a bit of work and cash to get them back on the road.
But then again that could be the draw of them. Hmmm
Last edited by cbr400rrn on Sun May 16, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893

Post by MadMotoUK » Sun May 16, 2021 2:16 pm

cbr400rrn wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 9:43 pm
Hi superfourben
Yes the numbers across the forum are dwindling as which daft bigger wants a bike that's over 20 years old and usually need a bit of work and cash to get them back on the road.
Ah, but if that's true then why are basket cases selling for so much? Prices are feckin ridiculous at the moment.

superfourben
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by superfourben » Sun May 16, 2021 5:53 pm

Hi all, I thought numbers might be dwindling a bit. I keep my bike as it is sentimental and also its a good runner. Spares haven't been a problem as Wemoto is just down the road! I thought I might have to spend a day going through the electrosport checklist that I have for battery levels but some quick checks and a new battery and all is good. Great to hear from people, ill check in a bit more often!!

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by cbr400rrn » Sun May 16, 2021 8:55 pm

MadMotoUK wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:16 pm
cbr400rrn wrote:
Hi superfourben
Yes the numbers across the forum are dwindling as which daft bigger wants a bike that's over 20 years old and usually need a bit of work and cash to get them back on the road.
Ah, but if that's true then why are basket cases selling for so much? Prices are feckin ridiculous at the moment.
Cost of new bikes is dragging the prices up, that and people who had one back in the grey import heyday now realising they were so good and ahead of their time compared to other bikes that were on the road/available at that period now wanting and being able to afford them.
They look a lot better than most bikes available now of which will cause some controversy but hey i am entitled to my opinion :stupid: :lol:

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by cbr400rrn » Sun May 16, 2021 8:59 pm

superfourben wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:53 pm
Hi all, I thought numbers might be dwindling a bit. I keep my bike as it is sentimental and also its a good runner. Spares haven't been a problem as Wemoto is just down the road! I thought I might have to spend a day going through the electrosport checklist that I have for battery levels but some quick checks and a new battery and all is good. Great to hear from people, ill check in a bit more often!!
Glad all it took was a new battery. Maybe do check in a little more often and if you get out on it perhaps a picture or two if you can figure out how to post them on here

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893

Post by MadMotoUK » Wed May 19, 2021 11:45 am

cbr400rrn wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:55 pm
MadMotoUK wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:16 pm
cbr400rrn wrote:
Hi superfourben
Cost of new bikes is dragging the prices up, that and people who had one back in the grey import heyday now realising they were so good and ahead of their time compared to other bikes that were on the road/available at that period now wanting and being able to afford them.
They look a lot better than most bikes available now of which will cause some controversy but hey i am entitled to my opinion :stupid: :lol:
As far as styling goes I couldn't agree more. Practical Sportbikes has a lot to answer for too IMO.

Guess I just hit damned lucky with my FZR400RR for under a grand in mint condition, all because it couldn't be UK registered for some stupid reason. Extra lucky I still have 2 spare frames with V5s lol.