I liked it when NC29 cbr 400 had a seperate section

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 400 zxr 400 gsx 1300r
I liked it when NC29 cbr 400 had a seperate section

Post by Bowches » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:01 am

Hi all

I liked it when the nc29 and v4s had seperate sections.

It is trickier to find pages for the cbr 400 now from this new setup.

bowches

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: I liked it when NC29 cbr 400 had a seperate section

Post by Foxy400 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:11 pm

Hey Bowches you're back! Is this just your once-a-year check-in or is it going to be more regular? If you're only going to grant us one appearance a year then you can't complain when things change. You'll soon get used to this condensed version, especially if you practise using it ;)
Sounds like you've still got the NC29 but what about the ZXR?

cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F

Post by cbr400rrn » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:15 pm

You get used to it, glad to see you've still got both the nc29 and zxr. I'm guessing your bikes have both been running like a dream from your absence on this forum.
It's sometimes a little quiet on here and merging some parts of the forum together helps keep it going. Keep dropping in and let us know how your bikes are going, what you have done to them and what you are thinking of doing to them.

Cbr400rrn

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:08 am

Foxy400 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:11 pm
Hey Bowches you're back! Is this just your once-a-year check-in or is it going to be more regular? If you're only going to grant us one appearance a year then you can't complain when things change. You'll soon get used to this condensed version, especially if you practise using it ;)
Sounds like you've still got the NC29 but what about the ZXR?
Yes hi Foxy400, Ive still got the cbr 400 as always and have the zxr 400 as well. Both are running very well. The CBR 400 does not like starting quickly in cold conditions though unlike the ZXR which starts up almost immediately :o

So far the ZXR has never let me down lol after a year of ownership and over 8000 miles in a year. I took it to elvington runway in yorkshire and back down to London 400 miles in a day as well and it was fine. I've done the same with the cbr 400 as well.

I've sent the wheels for the zxr 400 to painted in gold. I had a long slide at snetterton race track on the zxr 400 and cracked the alternator cover and lost all the engine oil on the track. The bike is running fine though after putting fresh oil in it. I then rode it all the way to cadwell park and rode on the track at cadwell and rode back to London :grin:

I may sell the zxr 400 soon as I would like a new bike now. I'm thinking yamaha MT 10 :grin:

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:15 am

cbr400rrn wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:15 pm
You get used to it, glad to see you've still got both the nc29 and zxr. I'm guessing your bikes have both been running like a dream from your absence on this forum.
It's sometimes a little quiet on here and merging some parts of the forum together helps keep it going. Keep dropping in and let us know how your bikes are going, what you have done to them and what you are thinking of doing to them.

Cbr400rrn
I really liked it when the nc29 did have its own section because that is my bike lol. The Honda CBR 400 group on facebook is pretty good thats where I have been as it is more easy to look at photos and stories of people's cbr 400 there. I will come to greybike 400 more regularly.

Both bikes are running good, although the zxr 400 starts alot more quickly than the cbr 400 in this cold weather. In fact the zxr 400 starts almost instantly lol.

I have sent the wheels for the zxr 400 to be painted in gold and I have got new green fairings for the zxr 400 as I slid down the track at snetterton and broke the alternator cover and lost all the engine oil as well. I put a new alternator cover and fresh oil and it started straight away and was back to normal in 30 seconds lol. This ZXR 400 has been fantastic to be honest. The cbr 400 has now got 46500 on the clock. When I bought the cbr 400 on the 8th of October 2014 it had 13800 on the clock in miles. Hopefully it will go all the way to 100k miles. The zxr 400 has 28k miles on the clock and I've had it over a year now and done 8000 miles on it with it never breaking down on me.

I may sell the zxr 400 this year and am thinking of getting a yamaha mt 10

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:17 pm

Sounds like you use your bikes more than most, including me. Longest journey I've done recently was to join the Malle Rally in (a very cold) September and after taking 2 leisurely days to ride down via Wales to the tip of Cornwall, we then spent 6 days riding from Lands End, back up through Britain, to John O'Groats. Sticking as much as possible to B roads and single track explains why it took 6 days. We camped each night and the Malle organisers trucked our gear ahead of us. The final stop was Inverness, where 50+ bikes were loaded onto trucks and shipped home, while we let the plane take the strain (back to Manchester for me). Lands End to John O'G was 1515 miles but I covered 2021 miles in total. I didn't use either of my Hondas, instead taking my 2017 Bonneville.."an inappropriate journey on inappropriate motorcycles", as the Malle people put it. Fantastic scenery and some of the best routes I've ever ridden. Check out the Malle London website and look for the short film called '1500'.

A bit of bad luck for you at Snetterton but by the sound of it the bike came off worse than you. I bet they loved the fact that you covered the track with oil! You were lucky to have got the bike sorted so easily. I don't do Facebook but if you remember the next time you're there, maybe you could ask if anyone in the CBR400 group has an undamaged lower left, belly pan panel for the NC29 going spare. My money is waiting.