VFR / RVF wheels and CRMC Production 400 Race Class

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
SeeDoubleYou
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
VFR / RVF wheels and CRMC Production 400 Race Class

Post by SeeDoubleYou » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:40 am

I know you are about to roll your eyes, as I’m sure this one has been asked before but this is my first post.

Some of you may have noticed that the CRMC are launching a Proddy 400 race class. I was on the verge of calling time on my race days but may have a go at a few meetings. Anyway this has got me thinking about wheels for the RVF. For those that have used an NC30 18” wheel, can you explain what this does to the handling without modifying ride height etc.

I know that a 17” gives more tyre choice most of which need tyre warmers which are not allowed at CRMC meetings. There are good 18” race tyres out there like the Continental RoadAttach CR (classic race) used by the Classic Endurance Teams and Avon Am23 both available in a 150 section. I’ve used the Avon AMs for years and they are good in dry and wet and would feel comfortable using them again.

So to finish, any advise on VFR wheels in the RVF would be welcomed

CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: VFR / RVF wheels and CRMC Production 400 Race Class

Post by CB1pod70 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:08 pm

You must be the only person in the whole world who wants to swap a 35 rear wheel for a 30 one :grin:
I'm thinking of riding the NC23 with the CRMC next year too and hoping that they will let me get away with using NC29 wheels on mine (Within the cut off date).
Personally I would stick to the 17" rear as there is a great range of track focused tyres such as Supercorsa's or Avon Ultra Exremes or Conti Race attacks available which are far better than the old AM22 / 23. Yes they do work better with tyre warmers but they work just as well without (possibly not the supercorsas :whistle: )

That said I do have a pair of Racetech RR's in case they insist on me using the NC23 18" rear

Hybrid29
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: VFR / RVF wheels and CRMC Production 400 Race Class

Post by Hybrid29 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:41 am

Hi guys I have raced my nc29 for a few years and have always used dunlops a14s untill recently when i got a nc30 racer that has supercorsas It has a 17 inch rear but I cant afford or justify spending the huge amount needed for another 17" for a wet ,I have a couple of 18" do anyone have some options for a road tire that will work