Exploding indicator!

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
cbr400rrn
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 CBR600F
Re: Exploding indicator!

Post by cbr400rrn » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:29 pm

Yes i used to do wynrose then hardknott pass twice a year on my 600 up until 3 years ago, it's a good one isn't it. Used to see cars at the top with the bonnet up.
I don't live too far from it and yes there's been quite a few friends toppled over on it unfortunately and stopping to help anybody is a challenge all on its own.
I will look into the Malle rally.

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: Exploding indicator!

Post by Foxy400 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:43 pm

We were on the outskirts of Coniston trying to find the start of the Hardknott, when we suddenly found ourselves on the Wrynose (that l'd never heard of) and discovered that the 2 passes are basically linked. Thirty degree hills, with a series of tight hairpins, was a bit unexpected and very few places to stop if you want to catch your breath. Lots of loose gravel to make the corners interesting. You just concentrate and go for it, eye firmly fixed on the road ahead and don't hesitate, 1st gear, lots of revs and riding the clutch. An experience. The Applecross in Scotland was a doddle in comparison.
The Malle crew are hosting a similar rally across Europe next summer, 7 countries in 7 days. I think that one will be financially out of my reach but I'm seriously considering another go at their UK 2021 rally.