nc35 ground clearance issues

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
bozz1974
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 race bike
nc35 ground clearance issues

Post by bozz1974 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:59 pm

As per the title really, the belly pan on my race bike is grounding, the bike is fitted with a non standard Penske rear shock and also the Rick O ride height adjuster.

I know Mike Norman is currently running a batch of adjustable links I just wondered if there was another option.

Tia Dave

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400
Re: nc35 ground clearance issues

Post by magg » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:57 am

Grounding how, while riding or standing? You changed from OEM shock to Penske or bike came with Penske?

gavins
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, ER6f, K5 750

Post by gavins » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Presumably you're running a fiberglass race fairing so it may just be that it's fitted a bit low or bulging out if you're not using the lower mount bracket? Deciding factor is usually exaust clearance so it may be you can move it up a bit?

Is it grounding out at the front under braking or the side while cornering? How far through the yokes are the forks dropped?

bozz1974
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 race bike

Post by bozz1974 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:28 pm

Bike was bought as a race bike with the penske shock already fitted, and was generally set up on the soft side.
The fairing is only grounding on the rear of the left hand side.

I had the fairings off after Cadwell and you could easily lift the belly pan up, but I don't want to redrill .

I have only one race meeting left this year at snetterton. Then over winter the bike get a new set of party clothes.😁