NC30 rebuild help/advice needed

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
simitch930
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
NC30 rebuild help/advice needed

Post by simitch930 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:47 am

Hi,
I have been reading this forum for years but rarely posted anything. My 1989 Japanese import NC30 needs rescuing. It has been living in the shed for about 10 years! It is still not even registered! I started to fix her up with my very small amount of knowledge, replacing plugs, sprockets, chain, filters, recycled carbs, and a few other bits. Then 2 universities and playing with evil girls got in the way. It is all completely standard, fairings are original but need cracks sorting. Just to add extra drama to the story, i had an accident last year (not bike related) causing a brain haemorrhage, so have been in various hospitals for ages, so am completely f***ed in terms of fixing broken bikes. Any ideas of someone/garage who would like to get her back together for me in the Hampshire area. Sorry for the epic story, but any advice would be great! Si.

JC120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 NC35 RC30 RC45 MC22 NXA
Re: NC30 rebuild help/advice needed

Post by JC120 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:56 am

I’d love to help but I’m in California. Wrenching is a slow process for me too. I broke my back and neck in 2015 (SUV turned in front of me) and I still need pain meds to do anything for long.

One thing I like to check if it’s an old bike, is the petcock. I’m paranoid about those leaking gasoline down past the cylinders and into the sump screwing up the viscosity of the oil causing a spun bearing. I’ve seen it happen a few times before.
V4ia addict