NC30 rear cylinders not firing?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Tolakamee
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC30 rear cylinders not firing?

Post by Tolakamee » Sun May 12, 2019 10:15 pm

Hello, recently started an NC30 project and got around to starting it and it seems to only run on two cylinders.
All four carbs have fuel in the bowls, I have cleaned the jets and diaphragms, there is fuel in there, and checked for spark which there seems to be.
There just is no combustion in the rear cylinders for some reason, I have done everything short of dismantling the carburettors entirely, having made the choke work again as it was seized with oxidisation.
Any help would be great.

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400
Re: NC30 rear cylinders not firing?

Post by magg » Mon May 13, 2019 1:25 pm

Spray easy start, wd40 or petrol into the throats of the carbies while cranking the engine. If it runs then stops after the "fuel" spay stops then at least you know that there is spark and compression but fuel flow is a problem.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:55 pm

AS MAgg said - you need to know you have sparks. I would consider a plug swap too - these bikes do not like getting their plugs too wet.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

batchelor
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by batchelor » Thu May 16, 2019 1:51 am

Swap plugs to track down the problem.
I had same. Swap plugs around and different cylinders would fire.
New plugs fitted and everything fired up. Plugs are not cheap £10 each, and front 2 are tight for space.