NC30 R/H Cylinders cold when running bike

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
tony21
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
NC30 R/H Cylinders cold when running bike

Post by tony21 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:13 pm

Good Evening All,
Im new to the vfr but am a seasoned biker.
The issue I have with my type 8 NC30 is that both R/H cylinders remain cold and the bike wont rev easily, getting bogged down.
The bike has been sat in a garage unused for the last 4 years till I bought it.
Is there any electrical item that is common to both R/H cylinders? or is it likely to be a carb issue?
I have ordered some plugs so will change them when they arrive.
I have not riden the bike, only started her up on my drive. She does start very easily, just wont rev, or is reluctant to rev.
Thank you in advance,
Tony.

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46
Re: NC30 R/H Cylinders cold when running bike

Post by Suzuki416 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Carbs - lol

RoninZX-10R
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 racebike, ZX10R roadbike
Re: NC30 R/H Cylinders cold when running bike

Post by RoninZX-10R » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:40 pm

Hi Tony21, if the bike has been sitting idle for 4yrs then it's likely the jets could be blocked as fuel starts to go off after a few weeks (don't quote me on that length of time though). If it were mine I would strip the carbies, check out the how-to guide on here, give them a good clean and make sure the float heights are correct. If it's still not running properly once all that is done, assuming you've already changed spark plugs, I would have a look at balancing the carbies.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, there's plenty of people of here that has come across virtually every issue imaginable with these bikes :-)