NC21 shift lever alternatives

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
schlafen
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC21 shift lever alternatives

Post by schlafen » Fri May 11, 2018 6:08 pm

I'm looking for a shift lever for my NC21 as mine is currently welded in the middle.
At some point the bike was down and I assume it broke off.

Found one on ebay (the only one I ever found really) don't they exist anymore? No pattern replacements?

There are no pictures of these levers on the internet by the way, except cmsnl parts fiche.

Here's the ebay listing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VFR-40 ... Sw5nFayniH

Anyone found alternatives? Other levers that might fit?

The downside of the NC21 is that it has the shifter lever mounted on the frame and not like the more common ones with the linkage and the mount for the shift linkage is at an odd angle.

£220 is fair price for the last brand new lever on the planet and if your bike is your baby, but I don't love my bike that much nor do I have that kind of cash to spend on a lever.
Anyone had to replace theirs?

*edit, spelling was bad and added picture

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by schlafen on Fri May 11, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: NC21 shift lever alternatives

Post by Neosophist » Sun May 13, 2018 6:56 pm

that is a completely insane price and shouldnt ever be paid for that. I might have one in my box of bits, you can have it for postage if i have one.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...