Year ID NC30

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
JSGAuto
Settled in member
Reactions:
Year ID NC30

Post by JSGAuto » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:47 pm

I everyone,

I recently acquired an NC30!

Being this was an ex-track bike. I don't have paperwork with it. That is OK thou...I just had to have it. They are very rare here in the USA.

From the frame number, it is a 1990-1991 Japanese bike. Is there any way to determine if it is a 1990 or 1991?

Thanks!
Jim

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: Year ID NC30

Post by Neosophist » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:59 pm

Yes

Does it still have the sticker in the undertray under the seat?

http://www.vsource.org/VFR-RVF_files/Bvfr400r-mi.htm

have a look here too
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

TURK122
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by TURK122 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:00 pm

Sticker looks like the

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

JSGAuto
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by JSGAuto » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:50 pm

Thanks for the reply!

That sticker is missing on mine. And it has aftermarket plastics on it, so no luck tracking it down by the color. It does have black wheels. Assuming those are stock it looks like a 1990 Vostok silver/Granite blue has black wheels.

The frame number is 1055XXX. Since that is relatively low, black weels, would a 1990 be a decent guess?

Thanks!
Jim

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:38 pm

105 frame number puts it in the 1990 year.

should have the later type suspension with the remote resevoir for rear shock and brass adjuster in center of front forks.

so many of these have been crashed / rebuiled etc over the years it can be hard to find out what is original to the bike.

if the wheels are original black and original to the bike then it would be the silver / black (daaark blue) nc30.. i like that scheme, dont see many about these days
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

decngb
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC21, NC24, NC30, VFR800, MC19

Post by decngb » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:51 am

JSGAuto wrote:I everyone,

Being this was an ex-track bike. I don't have paperwork with it. That is OK thou...I just had to have it. They are very rare here in the USA.

From the frame number, it is a 1990-1991 Japanese bike. Is there any way to determine if it is a 1990 or 1991?

Thanks!
Jim
You might try researching getting a title in Vermont as a non-resident of that state. I'm not sure what the paperwork requirements are, but it is possible to do it via mail order on old vehicles with missing titles.

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST

Post by JZH » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:35 pm

decngb wrote:
JSGAuto wrote:I everyone,

Thanks!
Jim
You might try researching getting a title in Vermont as a non-resident of that state. I'm not sure what the paperwork requirements are, but it is possible to do it via mail order on old vehicles with missing titles.
That reminds me, I did that once, around 15 years ago, but I don't know what ever happened to the title docs (I didn't quite manage to move back to the 'States). I think it became very clear that it wasn't going to help in California--the DMV is a nightmare of Kafkaesque proportions. Other states, maybe.

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org