nla parts for nc35s choke cable

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
nla parts for nc35s choke cable

Post by Dynamohum » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:40 pm

It seems parts which i would consider to be a service item on a bike like a choke cable are discontinued or nla from honda i have tried all the usual suppliers lings fowlers David silvers cmsnl etc without any luck .
I have noticed when searching all off the above suppliers for other parts that what is available is dwindling each time i check the websites for nc35 parts its getting a bit concerning now if you own an rvf :|
I was wondering if anyone knows if the cable from say a pre 99 fireblade or another honda model which uses the same pull type would fit ?

manicguitarist
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400 (NC35)
Re: nla parts for nc35s choke cable

Post by manicguitarist » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:46 pm

Oooff. That's bogus. I only bought a choke cable for my NC35 last year from WeMoto! I wonder if I got one of the last ones...

Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dynamohum » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:41 pm

Looks like you may have got one off the last ones .
I've just been on phone to David silvers and they don't seem optimistic about obtaining one at all for me.
I did see someone ask elsewhere
Some time back if the nc35 cable would fit an rc30 which must be nla also . I don't want to fit a s/h cable but may have to its time Honda got their act together either supply parts or let someone else produce them based on the originals.

manicguitarist
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400 (NC35)

Post by manicguitarist » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:47 pm

Bogus. I'm glad I got one when I did! Mine had completely seized. FWIW so long as the "pull" remains the same (i.e. the amount you pull it out) - and I imagine they are pretty similar, then there is some space in the mounting of the choke cable (if I recall correctly) for the cable to be a little too long or too short.