fork oil and torque tightening

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
fork oil and torque tightening

Post by ligurt » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:09 pm

Can anyone tell me the oil gradation and amount I have to put in each fork leg in the nc35?
The workshop manual would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Pietro

scotjell
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400 NC30x2
Re: fork oil and torque tightening

Post by scotjell » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:33 am

If you own the bike I suggest going on Amazon and getting a Haynes manual. Also there are workshop pdfs on the home page.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Thanks Scotjell, no I don't own the whole bike, only front and rear (both fully refurbed) ends I fitted on a special bike based on the old vf400f, something like the vf400r from practical bikes, but with vf400f engine with yoshimura stage2 cams and other nice tricks :P. So the fork oil quantity from someone of you guys would be an easy solution.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:01 pm

ligurt wrote:Thanks Scotjell, no I don't own the whole bike, only front and rear (both fully refurbed) ends I fitted on a special bike based on the old vf400f, something like the vf400r from practical bikes, but with vf400f engine with yoshimura stage2 cams and other nice tricks :P. So the fork oil quantity from someone of you guys would be an easy solution.
The complete factory service manual is in the document library at the top of the page... :whistle:

This has all the specifications you asked for as well as step by step on how to do it,
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:51 pm

Neosophist wrote:
ligurt wrote:Thanks Scotjell, no I don't own the whole bike, only front and rear (both fully refurbed) ends I fitted on a special bike based on the old vf400f, something like the vf400r from practical bikes, but with vf400f engine with yoshimura stage2 cams and other nice tricks :P. So the fork oil quantity from someone of you guys would be an easy solution.
The complete factory service manual is in the document library at the top of the page... :whistle:

This has all the specifications you asked for as well as step by step on how to do it,
Can't find anything about nc35 forks in the document library.

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400

Post by magg » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:31 am

445cc per leg of 10W, whatever that means in cSt.

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:15 pm

magg wrote:445cc per leg of 10W, whatever that means in cSt.
Quick and simple.
Thanks