VFR/RVF long fairing bolts

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
VFR/RVF long fairing bolts

Post by Davez29 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi, can anyone tell me if the long pan fairing bolts (6x22) 90112-ms2-000 from the nc29 are the same as whats used on the vfr/rvf fairings please? If so, what part numbers they are.

They look like this: http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/h ... 2-000.html

cheers

Dave

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: VFR/RVF long fairing bolts

Post by Foxy400 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:48 pm

I'm pretty sure those bolts are not used on either the NC35 or NC30. If you go to the cmsnl.com website you'll find details and part numbers for every part used on those bikes. Look at the schematics for the fairings and you won't find that part listed. I've just had a quick look and couldn't find it.
If you google your bolt part no. you'll find a long list of bikes which use it. Unfortunately neither the RVF or VFR are there.

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi Foxy, thanks. I did goto CMSNL but to be honest I was unsure as I couldnt find them but assumed they would use them on the 35 at least as its just a fairing bolt. Im just trying to sort what the part number would be on another Honda so I can order a Titanium version from Ebay as my PN is not accepted, as usual its a pain.

cheers

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST

Post by JZH » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:32 pm

US-based sites usually don't have non-US parts or compatible models listed, and vice versa. That bolt is listed on Partzilla because it was originally used on the CBR1000FK-L, which was sold in the USA (as the "Hurricane 1000").

The bolts you're thinking of are pn. 64508-mr8-000, which are 17mm long with a 6.5mm shoulder (and cross-head). Might still work on the NC29, but 5mm shorter might be a problem. I don't see any titanium replacements available for that bolt, but a US eBay seller appears to be selling stainles steel 20mm-long versions.

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org