vf400f and vfr400 exhaust

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
vf400f and vfr400 exhaust

Post by ligurt » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi there, I know to be in the centre of the universe for 400cc bikes, so I expect you to have an answer for any question... :grin:
I have a vf400f I'm racing and have the opportunity to get a nc21 full exhaust system for peanuts, so I'm wondering if it's possible to fit on the vf. Both of them are 180 crank degrees and I hope not so different in port size and helmoltz resonator value. 4 into 1 should be very interesting for my project bike. Any one of you have the opportunity to check if it fits?
I'm also searching for a vf400 integra complete farings and forks.
Any help's welcome
Thanks
Pietro

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: vf400f and vfr400 exhaust

Post by Neosophist » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:16 am

if memory serves me well they use an nc13e engien like all the other vfr400s do.

An NC21/NC24 exhuast should bolt right on providing it doesnt hit and fairings.. the 24 has high level output vs low-level of 21.

hows the shocks setup on the vf400? perhaps it will hit the rear downpipes if its offcentre?

the nc24 f3 kit exhaust for racing did away with the collectorbox and used a left/right split like the bigger vfr750 kits did.

shame actually as there was a new old stock nc21 f3 system forsale quite cheap
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Neosophist wrote:if memory serves me well they use an nc13e engien like all the other vfr400s do.

An NC21/NC24 exhuast should bolt right on providing it doesnt hit and fairings.. the 24 has high level output vs low-level of 21.

hows the shocks setup on the vf400? perhaps it will hit the rear downpipes if its offcentre?

the nc24 f3 kit exhaust for racing did away with the collectorbox and used a left/right split like the bigger vfr750 kits did.

Thank you very very much Neosophist. Yes indeed, they all mount nc13 engines though nc21/24 have nc13e. The vf is chain driven instead of gear and I was not sure they were direct bolt on. About the shock it is in center. The 21 has same side crank pin while 24 has opposite, all of them have 180° crank degree (am I correct?). Anyway I noticed sound is similar in 21/24 models. I get a set of yoshimura stage2 cams I'm going to fit soon and want to obtain a better and more racing sound. I'm also searching for the vf400f integra forks and fairings. Have you heard if there's any around?
Thanks
Pietro

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by Neosophist » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:36 pm

ligurt wrote:
Neosophist wrote:if memory serves me well they use an nc13e engien like all the other vfr400s do.

Thank you very very much Neosophist. Yes indeed, they all mount nc13 engines though nc21/24 have nc13e. The vf is chain driven instead of gear and I was not sure they were direct bolt on. About the shock it is in center. The 21 has same side crank pin while 24 has opposite, all of them have 180° crank degree (am I correct?). Anyway I noticed sound is similar in 21/24 models. I get a set of yoshimura stage2 cams I'm going to fit soon and want to obtain a better and more racing sound. I'm also searching for the vf400f integra forks and fairings. Have you heard if there's any around?
Thanks
Pietro
ill have a look around.

yes.. all the early nc13s were 180 crank.. only the nc30/35 use a 360 crank.

If the shock mounting is in the same place then it should bolt on fine, but the nc21/24 is undersump collector.. is there space under the sump to mount it? maybe belly pan or something can get in the way? but perhaps not.
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:04 pm

I took some time to plan the swapping and noticed that nc13 has front exhaust ducts facing outward, while nc21-24-30-35 inward. I bought nc21 and 24 full exhaust systems, but for the mentioned reason none of them is bolt on. I guess Ineed a new self made exhaust system. Moreover may be the pipes aren't long enough to avoid interference with the sump. By the way none of you can provide nc30 and nc35 pipes lenght?
p.s. nc21 and 24 are now for sale and they are in very good conditions

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by Neosophist » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:23 am

ligurt wrote:I took some time to plan the swapping and noticed that nc13 has front exhaust ducts facing outward, while nc21-24-30-35 inward. I bought nc21 and 24 full exhaust systems, but for the mentioned reason none of them is bolt on. I guess Ineed a new self made exhaust system. Moreover may be the pipes aren't long enough to avoid interference with the sump. By the way none of you can provide nc30 and nc35 pipes lenght?
p.s. nc21 and 24 are now for sale and they are in very good conditions
intresting.. where is the pipes fouling? the barrel shape is different?

the nc21/nc24 are interchancable, only difference is the collector box exit so if one doesnt fit the other wont.

the nc21/24 fit on an nc30 but the rear downpipes will hit the shock, they are in a different position on the nc30 due to the offset of the shcok

also the split is different / front / rear / left right.

VFR400Nc21
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by VFR400Nc21 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:39 am

Hi Guys
I have a 86 vfr400 nc21 Japan import and seeking a collector box just like the one in the pic :pray: [b][u]http://www.davidsilverspares.co.u ... pg[/u][/b] Image but as that one is very high priced and currently out of stock anyhow, can anyone direct me in the direction of anywhere or anyone i can obtain one from for a decent price? And possibly a petrol tank as well like in this pic Image ? :pray: By the looks of ebay these days its pretty easy to source every other part as spares or new other than the collector box and tank. :whistle:
Looking forward to any assistance from all you knowledgeable bike enthusiasts out there. Cheers guys. ;)

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by Neosophist » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:43 pm

becuase they are short supply and aftermarket copies are low demand they are very expensive, the nc21/24 didnt really fetch much money so repairing a broken one is often more than you can buy a good example for so the 2nd hand market for good bits isnt super common.

i know where there is a good nc24 complete system forsale though without rust if you still need one. no idea on price though but can give you some details

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:42 am

VFR400Nc21 wrote:Hi Guys
I have a 86 vfr400 nc21 Japan import and seeking a collector box just like the one in the pic :pray: [b][u]http://www.davidsilverspares.co.u ... pg[/u][/b] Image but as that one is very high priced and currently out of stock anyhow, can anyone direct me in the direction of anywhere or anyone i can obtain one from for a decent price? And possibly a petrol tank as well like in this pic Image ? :pray: By the looks of ebay these days its pretty easy to source every other part as spares or new other than the collector box and tank. :whistle:
Looking forward to any assistance from all you knowledgeable bike enthusiasts out there. Cheers guys. ;)

Hi I have sold two (one from nc21 and 1 from nc24) complete exhaust systems I bought directly in Japan on yahoo.co.jp, It's the only way you have. A second chance would be the Polski site www.allegro.pl
Pietro

VFR400Nc21
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by VFR400Nc21 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:29 pm

Neosophist wrote:becuase they are short supply and aftermarket copies are low demand they are very expensive, the nc21/24 didnt really fetch much money so repairing a broken one is often more than you can buy a good example for so the 2nd hand market for good bits isnt super common.

i know where there is a good nc24 complete system forsale though without rust if you still need one. no idea on price though but can give you some details
Hi thanks for the assistance. Could you provide me with the details for this available complete exhaust kit for the nc21/24? Thanks ;)