TAKING ORDERS: Cosworth 56mm & 57mm Pistons for 2016

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
g-force performance
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: VTR-250, VFR400RR,
Re: TAKING ORDERS: Cosworth 56mm & 57mm Pistons for 2016

Post by g-force performance » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:25 pm

Yakama wrote:Mike, how many extra sets do you need to make the 57mm order feasible?
Cosworth wants a minimum of 4 sets per configuration. Right now I have 2 sets of STD and 3 sets of HRC configuration. So, I need 2 more sets of STD and 1 more set of HRC. So, to get those 3 sets, I have to invest $4,650 of my own money, unless we can get more orders.

Mike Norman
G-Force Engine Development
www.mngforce.com
There is no such thing as "Too Fast"

RickOliver
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by RickOliver » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:32 pm

OK, the 56mm Cosworth pistons have passed Mr Norman`s thorough inspection and the 4 unspoken-for sets are now ready for sale.

Price is a slightly eye-watering £1300.00 per set including rings, pins and circlips - shipping will be charged at cost in addition to this price simply because there is quite literally zero profit margin for anybody in this exercise, neither myself nor Mike nor our enthusiastic benefactor who has paid up front for the whole UK batch.

Mike N. is preparing an in-depth tech sheet for these pistons which will be made available for the benefit of engine builders.

You can contact me at the usual address ricknc30@gmail.com if you`d like to place an order...

Rick

g-force performance
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by g-force performance » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:47 pm

RickOliver wrote:OK, the 56mm Cosworth pistons have passed Mr Norman`s thorough inspection and the 4 unspoken-for sets are now ready for sale.

Price is slightly eye-watering per set including rings, pins and circlips - shipping will be charged at cost in addition to this price simply because there is quite literally zero profit margin for anybody in this exercise, neither myself nor Mike nor our enthusiastic benefactor who has paid up front for the whole UK batch.

Mike N. is preparing an in-depth tech sheet for these pistons which will be made available for the benefit of engine builders.

You can contact me at the usual address ricknc30@gmail.com if you`d like to place an order...

Rick
I also have 4 sets available for sale here in the USA. These are $1,550.00 without rings and an additional $150.00 for rings for a total of $1,700.00 per set. As Rick said, the price is eye-watering. However, these are Formula-1 level pistons with nearly 15 years of development that has gone into them. You won't get a better piston for these bikes.

Let me know if you need to place an order for these. mike@mngforce.com

Mike Norman
www.mngforce.com
Last edited by g-force performance on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

panteleimon
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by panteleimon » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:04 am

:rocks:
Another big THANKS to Mike & Rick! (& Michael, not to forget)
Thanks also to mystery benefactor. Only wish I had the cash to help out with the 57's or get a second set.

Kids birthdays & Christmas coming up, but methinks daddy might have a good Christmas if a Santa comes through. :pray:

Anyone know a reliable place near London / South to get the engine work done (rebore, porting, etc)?
Need to decide / budget for Mike's secret instructions & local work vs shipping costs.
With the time & cash investment, need someone trustworthy. :geek:
Perhaps another group effort?
bighug

Cheers

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:48 am

panteleimon wrote::rocks:
Thanks also to mystery benefactor. Only wish I had the cash to help out with the 57's or get a second set.

Kids birthdays & Christmas coming up, but methinks daddy might have a good Christmas if a Santa comes through. :pray:

Anyone know a reliable place near London / South to get the engine work done (rebore, porting, etc)?
Need to decide / budget for Mike's secret instructions & local work vs shipping costs.
With the time & cash investment, need someone trustworthy. :geek:
Perhaps another group effort?
bighug

Cheers
I'm in for the 57s and really have no time, nor space, or skills to be able to prepare the motor myself and so I wonder if there could be any recommendations from the people in the know who might want to take on a couple of these builds?

Fecking expensive business these bikes eh?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

g-force performance
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by g-force performance » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:24 pm

CMSMJ1 wrote:I'm in for the 57s and really have no time, nor space, or skills to be able to prepare the motor myself and so I wonder if there could be any recommendations from the people in the know who might want to take on a couple of these builds?

I flew out to the UK to help TEAM V4 in Swansea back in 2013. I am willing to do it again. If people want to organize a place to hold an Engine Building Workshop, I would gladly do it for the cost of travel (if a number of people pitch in for airfaire and lodging). If some of you can't make it, but want their engine built by me while I am there, we can work that out as well (that would be additional).

I want to see everyone build their engines correctly, and I would love to meet even more of you in person. After all, isn't that the whole purpose of forums (well, one of the many great reasons they exist) bighug

Mike Norman
www.mngforce.com

Yakama
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC23s, 29, 30s, MC16

Post by Yakama » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:03 pm

g-force performance wrote:
Yakama wrote:Mike, how many extra sets do you need to make the 57mm order feasible?
Cosworth wants a minimum of 4 sets per configuration. Right now I have 2 sets of STD and 3 sets of HRC configuration. So, I need 2 more sets of STD and 1 more set of HRC. So, to get those 3 sets, I have to invest $4,650 of my own money, unless we can get more orders.

Mike Norman
www.mngforce.com
Ok if I switch my order from a std 57mm to hrc spec would that give you enough to get the hrc spec done?

Yakama
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC23s, 29, 30s, MC16

Post by Yakama » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:04 pm

CMSMJ1 wrote:I'm in for the 57s and really have no time, nor space, or skills to be able to prepare the motor myself and so I wonder if there could be any recommendations from the people in the know who might want to take on a couple of these builds?

I flew out to the UK to help TEAM V4 in Swansea back in 2013. I am willing to do it again. If people want to organize a place to hold an Engine Building Workshop, I would gladly do it for the cost of travel (if a number of people pitch in for airfaire and lodging). If some of you can't make it, but want their engine built by me while I am there, we can work that out as well (that would be additional).

I want to see everyone build their engines correctly, and I would love to meet even more of you in person. After all, isn't that the whole purpose of forums (well, one of the many great reasons they exist) bighug

Mike Norman
www.mngforce.com
I'd certainly be up for this if others are?

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Yakama wrote:

Mike Norman
www.mngforce.com
I'd certainly be up for this if others are?
Id love a set but dont see me getting some although id be up for attending the workshop session if ones gets together, 400gb meets are always worth the while, sterling effort there mike too bighug

g-force performance
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by g-force performance » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:42 pm

panteleimon wrote::rocks:
Thanks also to mystery benefactor......
Michael who? There are no others to thank for this exercise except Cosworth themselves.

There was someone named Michael who backed out of the 57mm deal, which has caused the rest of you to have to wait, and probably pay more. Really, you want to "thank" him???

Mike Norman
www.mngforce.com