TAKING ORDERS: Cosworth 56mm & 57mm Pistons for 2016

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
g-force performance
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: VTR-250, VFR400RR,
Re: Cosworth 56mm & 57mm NC29, NC30, NC35 Pistons for 2016

Post by g-force performance » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:45 am

For anybody that doesn't already know this,
Michael Ruehl is a FREAKING ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
and without the community help of this forum, I would be dead in t he water with so many of my efforts. :rocks:

Because of the connection that Michael has just opened up for me, Pistons can now be made in the exact same configuration as all the others out there. I don't need to create a new batch of pistons with Kawasaki Rings. And, I don't need to leave all the folks with the Yamaha rings out in the cold with nothing for replacements.

This is absolutely spectacular news. I will most likely order 15 sets to take care of the current customers, and have some for future customers. So, with this news, I will now ask, with the confidence I can supply pistons and rings:

WHO WANTS PISTONS?

Please see the original post in this thread for configurations? I need a minimum of 4 sets (16 pistons) of each configuration to get Cosworth to be interested. I probably need 8 sets (32 pistons) of each configuration to get the price down close to what it was when we used to order 12 engines (48 pistons), which was still $375/piston :(

Let's get some engines going FAST!!!!

Man, it's 1:45am and I should be in bed. Instead, I am dancing around the house, happy as a clown. This is just some awesome news for everybody.

Mike Norman
G-Force Engine Development
www.mngforce.com

mruehl34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by mruehl34 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks Mike,

but it was only a call and ask them for a better price. :rocks:

I would take a 1 set of pistons again and hope i will get a fast engine!!!!

Michael

panteleimon
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by panteleimon » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:02 pm

Agree both Mike & Michael true rockstars!!!
Thanks again for your efforts - Now & over the years.

Mike, please put me down for a set of 57mm with +3mm rods.

Might have to tempt you into a trip to London (UK). Especially if there is a group here for an engine meet?

Thanks!

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:01 pm

Makes me want to go and buy a motor.....

Well done everyone - if I were confident that I would be able to build this, or trusted someone to do it for me, then I could find myself seriously considering this for my oldest and best mate, No9. He deserves some reliable, freshly built and wonderfully strong motor activity.

Awesome
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

g-force performance
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: VTR-250, VFR400RR,

Post by g-force performance » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:14 pm

All:

Once we get pistons and rings all aligned, and everyone gets their gaskets and bearings sorted as well, I just might be willing to come out to the UK for several days and help everyone build their 428s. That could be an interesting trip. I can assemble an engine in two days. But, given there would be a lot of explanation along the way, double that. And, since we've all never met in person, add a couple more days of hanging out.

If you aren't comfortable with where to get your cases bored, I have a guy here. You would just need to ship a top case to me.

If you want you heads ported, and don't have a good source there (porting is where the power is made.....or lost very easily), then I can do this as well.

Get all the odds and ends done and out of the way before I get there and we can have one hell of an assembly line.

I just need to make sure no money leaves my pocket for the trip costs, and I come home with more than I arrived with. My normal labor charge to build 1 engine would be $2,000 USD. Get 5 guys together that's $400 each. Get 10 guys it's $200, etc. As long as I make the labor for one engine and all my additional expenses are covered, I would come out.

Also, for the engine building, it doesn't have to be limited to overbore engines. All of the assembly is the same weather it's stock, an over-bore, or an over-bore with stroker crank (450cc engines). So, even if you haven't bought the hop-up parts, the build is the same. The more the merrier (up to a point. Too many people and it becomes very distracted). So, if you know others that want to build their engine but are afraid to do this without coaching, get them involved.

I've seen a ton of guys do "group buys" on 400GB, well, this would be a "Group Build".

What do y'all think?

Mike Norman
G-Force Engine Development
www.mngforce.com

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35’s, NC30 sold, MC34 many

Post by micpec » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:22 am

That's great news!

Put me down for 1 set of pistons, and also 1 set of Carillo "H" beam rods with standard wrist-pin offset and with a standard center-to-center length (similar to the 428.S configuration of Bob Simmons engine).

Mike, I am open for your expertise support for this engine building.

Jason
"Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless"

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:52 pm

I think I want a motor then... Is there a checklist of what I want to get my hands on?

A complete motor and just clean it to death, split out the heads and barrels - post to G force (as a group heads and barrels deal perhaps?)
buy the pistons (do I want rods?)
get some new shells - are these now getting rare?

get in with everyone else that wants to buy Mike a pint and get together for long weekend of engine building and being cool...

realistic timeframes?*

*when do I need to spank my credit cards to get the bits together (or can I save up for a few months)
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied

Post by Variablevalves suck » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:11 pm

lol, you V4 guys are all nuts!

vfrman
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, 1098s

Post by vfrman » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Mike,

I may just have to send you my motor after this racing season...

fourfingers
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30RK,NC35RR

Post by fourfingers » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Jason,
If I don't recall bad, Ti rods don't have the oil passage to spray the piston and cylinder, so oil should be routed along the crankcase to spray pistons and cylinders. Remember reading something about it at Mike´s web.
Last edited by fourfingers on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.