NC30 HRC-spec Ignition Boxes

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Archangel
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: NC30 HRC-spec Ignition Boxes

Post by Archangel » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:21 am

Rick ,,,,, i am very interested , in the NC30 cdi unit ,, is the units you are selling the race version ? the maps loaded in where did they come from, are they race suited ?

i have a HRC carb set up on my bike , will it suite ? its a pure track bike , although it hasnt seen a track in nearly a year since i hit a guard fence at the end of a straight doing 100km !!!!!! me on it !!!!! 2 full shoulder reconstructions later and a third bone gratft rear construction on the way in Feb ,,,, so it wont be on the track till meid year ,,,,, so now is the time to play :Bmods: this may get out of hand :scare:

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Cammo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:07 am

Rick, will these internals fit in a standard nc35 cdi unit box? ;)

Assuming I can take it apart somehow...
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

Psychosomatic88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Psychosomatic88 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:20 am

Stickshift wrote:Rick, will these internals fit in a standard nc35 cdi unit box? ;)

Why would you do that out of interest? Isnt he offereing a nc35 one?
Going on the internet is like owning a gun... Just point, click, then shit your pants waiting for the Police to turn up.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:30 am

probably in case a scrutineer looked at it.....

the give away is the RS232 lead coming out of it.. the boxes are small enough
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

fastdruid
Reactions:

Post by fastdruid » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:43 pm

Stickshift wrote:Rick, will these internals fit in a standard nc35 cdi unit box? ;)

How close are they likely to look?
It looks like it'd be a tight fit, the VFR750 (1990+ VFR750FL onwards) looks the same, has the same connector but is larger and goes for pennies.

Druid

RickOliver
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by RickOliver » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:16 pm

There is another Ignitech box, the Honda TCI, which looks much closer to the stocker - the loom plug goes directly into the box with no subharness and the programming lead just goes in a socket on the other end - you might get away with that. No shiftlight or quickshift provision on that one but it`s still programmable for rev limit and advance map. Mail me if you want to talk more about that... r.oliver(at)mtxnet.co.uk

Meanwhile, my first batch arrived today - 5 x NC30 units and 2 x NC35 ones. They all have `road` subharnesses with no external QS/SL wiring but I do have the correct connectors & wire in stock if required.

The NC30 units are ready to go with HRC or `improved stock` programming - I haven`t got the definitive HRC map for the `35 units yet but if anyone`s in a hurry I`ll send one out with my pretty confident `best guess` map installed and email the real thing over to you when I have it...

Roll up, roll up, get `em while they`re hot...!

Psychosomatic88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Psychosomatic88 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:50 pm

Rick, what is the turn around on these after all the RVF ones have sold? whats the total cost of the RVF unit, with SF/QS provisions delivered?
Going on the internet is like owning a gun... Just point, click, then shit your pants waiting for the Police to turn up.

RickOliver
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by RickOliver » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:03 pm

I`ve sold two of the NC30 boxes already so I shall probably put in another order this week and include a couple with `track` spec harnesses and also some USB programming leads - delivery should be 2 weeks maximum.

Price wise the NC30 unit will be £130 c/w serial programming lead.

The NC35 unit actually costs me around £17 more (it`s the price of that big multi-pin harness plug, apparently...), but I should be able to do the full function version for £150 with any luck.

I`ll have to charge extra for USB leads `cos they are also expensive to buy.

All dependent on the £/euro exchange rate not changing too much...

smellstevens
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by smellstevens » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:59 am

so can i get one for the nc30 with hrc map and the leads and stuff i need to plug it into the laptop?! cheers.

RVF007
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by RVF007 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:09 pm

Rick/anyone - so with the NC35 box...what will the major differences be between using the standard CDI box and the one with the HRC mapping (on a every day road use bike) Will this work well with having the bike jetted & dyno tuned?