Tyres for NC30

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
wullvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: zx9r c1
Re: Tyres for NC30

Post by wullvfr » Thu May 08, 2008 10:40 pm

my bad,i read this the other night and mistook the "new tread compunds" for dual compound and went away thinking this.
they are lasting a lot better than the gpr70 but the gpr70 gripped like feck........hence why they didnt last long at all

BT014 Front BT014 Rear

Incorporating technologies derived from Bridgestone’s MotoGP participation, the Battlax BT-014 radial series is designed to maximize the street performance of hyper-sport replica motorcycles.

New tread compounds and carcass constructions are used on both front and rear models – the latter having a grip enhancing silica-rich rubber formulation, combined with a cap and base construction. That is an underlying layer that provides more effective shock absorption. For optimal linearity, the complementary patterns employ a mix of groove directions to control deformation over a wide range of camber angles and speeds

‘S’-shaped groove extensions in the central area of the front-wheel tread contribute to better steering characteristics and reduced kick-back. For the rear tyre, however, chevron-shaped central lug grooves ensure efficient water drainage and lower noise levels.

Prices are £94.00 for a 120/70ZR-17 front and £125.00 for a 180/55ZR-17 rear including VAT balancing and fitting to loose wheels.
please,god,....give me the chance to prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me!!!

rallykay
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by rallykay » Sat May 10, 2008 3:23 pm

This place:

http://www.rodamoto.es/OnLine/IN/OfertasProductos.aspx

They have both the BT090 and the alpha 10 at very good prices. I haven´t ordered from them myself yet, but i heard of others that have without problems. I will next time it´s tiretime.

Kay

simmo
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30 road & zxr400 race

Post by simmo » Sat May 10, 2008 7:00 pm

090's ftw!
and ya can still get UPTO 2000 mile out of a rear, all depends on how bold you let them go :? and they are not too bad in the wet either

calirvf
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by calirvf » Sun May 11, 2008 2:29 am

anything rubbing problem or handling issues running a 120/70 up front ?

jo
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by jo » Mon May 12, 2008 9:46 pm

well I've just had a ring around and found that superbiketyres.com are no longer the bargain tyre dealers they once were. :o
They quoted me £189 for tyres to be delivered only - no fitting. I just rang somewhere local to me (next village in fact) and they want £190 FITTED. needless to say I am having them fitted. Much easier. Hope they won't charge extra when they realise how long it really takes to get a rear wheel off an NC30 after its been on a year 8-)

matty_boy
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fitness bike

Post by matty_boy » Tue May 13, 2008 9:07 am

Any one used dunlop gpr 80 ?

Are they any good for track use ?

Ta matty

mick.mh2racing
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, then another and another

Post by mick.mh2racing » Tue May 13, 2008 3:52 pm

matty_boy wrote:Any one used dunlop gpr 80 ?

Ta matty
Definitely not for track use, they're rock hard. Leave them on your road bike for over winter.
How hard can it be?

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Cammo » Wed May 14, 2008 9:08 am

matty_boy wrote:Any one used dunlop gpr 80 ?

Ta matty
I've used them on track, they aren't a super soft compound, but more than adequate for slower track days (perhaps only in Summer over your side of the world).

Great road tyre.

The 80's were replaced with GPR100's quite a while ago, so check the stock isn't too old if you decide to go for them.
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

fontyyy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400

Post by fontyyy » Wed May 14, 2008 5:13 pm

mick.mh2racing wrote:Leave them on your road bike for over winter.
I'll never understand that thought, as you said, they're rock hard already and that's before the temperature drops below freezing.
There were some on my RVF when I got it, they were fine all summer for trackdaying with Tanuki, didn't give me any bother at all and leaned as far as an RVF does, but holy moly, come winter on the road they were flippin' terrifying. Swapped them for some Maxxis road legal inters and some level of grip was restored.

I'd say GPR80's were good summer tyres, too hard for the cold but fine this time of year.

Get a pair of mc28 Magteks and run Alpha 10's at £110 a pair (110 and 150) from M&P ;)

or blag scrubs for nowt off your mate who races an NSR250, eh Billy?
I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it.

tanuki
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: CCM404 SM, CBR4/6 in progress

Post by tanuki » Wed May 14, 2008 5:51 pm

did someone say Magteks :D