Summer is looking good!

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
TonyB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, CBR900RRY
Summer is looking good!

Post by TonyB » Mon May 05, 2008 7:27 pm

Finally got to test out my bike today (after much fiddling and money spending) and what a difference the Micron exhaust has made. It pulls strongly throughout the whole rev range with no hesitation whatsoever and it seems to have lots more power. It used to have a Tyga system but there was hesitation at 9-10k.
I have also fitted the Rick Oliver upper and lower radiators and even following the slow moving tourists in today's heat it only reached 80 degrees maximum.
I am trying to source a small fan to fit behind the upper rad for summer crawling behind the grockles (it is a Cornish thing!)
When the board is finally sorted I will post some pics and more thoughts.
Thanks for the exhaust Aly
Rick, you were right, I am not disappointed.

Ride safe you lot.

Tony
(Formally known as Lyserman)

wullvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: zx9r c1
Re: Summer is looking good!

Post by wullvfr » Mon May 05, 2008 7:31 pm

i dont think you will need a fan on the top rad,i have a rick lower radiator and its superb....barely gets over 80-85 and when im crawling maybe 90.....big difference from last year,the fan was always on.
please,god,....give me the chance to prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me!!!

thefatman
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by thefatman » Tue May 06, 2008 10:25 am

One of my bikes which had the micron exhaust on came with 2 pc fans fixed onto the top rad with small alloy plates to hold them in place. I'm not certain if there's space behind your rad to still do that but it might be worth a try.

TonyB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, CBR900RRY

Post by TonyB » Mon May 12, 2008 6:46 pm

I got a GSXR1000 radiator fan off ebay for 99p and it looks small enough to go behind the top rad with a modified bracket. :geek:
Watch this space!