NC24 Collector box

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Stewie
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Honda NC24
NC24 Collector box

Post by Stewie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm picking up the NC24 in a week or so and may need a collector box so contacted David Silver to see if they have any in stock and got this response back from them
Dear Sir,
The NC24 exhaust collector box is discontinued and unavailable at present but we are hoping to have a pattern replica box manufactured later this year, pleasekeep an eye on our website as we will advertise it there as soon as production begins.
Regards
Mark

You probably all already know this but I thought I'd post it up anyway

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: NC24 Collector box

Post by Neosophist » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:48 pm

yep. There is a user on here (RCV4)who makes a replacement collectorbox in Stainless Steel.

Do you know you have to remove the engine from the bike to replace the collectobox?
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

Stewie
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Stewie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:51 pm

I'll have to check him out, thanks, hoping it won't need it tbh but thought it might be worth getting one anyway, for the age of em theyre practically classic bikes now so going into it with that kinda mindset, I did know about taking the engine out but will cross that bridge if and when I come to it
Cheers
Stew

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by Neosophist » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:30 pm

No worries.

The NC24 isn't a bad bike though, you can pick them up cheap. But if your going into the mindset of a classic bike i'd really get the 30 instead.

There are a lot more original parts available, aftermarket bits if your that way inclined. Good ones fetch much more money than the 24 and they have better brakes / suspension and tyres.

There have been quite a few people on here throw lots of money at the 24only to find that there not worth anything after doing it.

I can't really see them appreciating much either even as they become more rare due to the fact the NC30 was such a popular bike.

On the plus side they do make a nice cheap (if you dont get one thats been ridden into the ground) commuter / winter bike as they have a lovely V4 motor that makes the same bhp as the NC30 when new.
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

Stewie
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Stewie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Well Im only paying £175 for it, see below for details
''right it will need new seals all round, a new starter solinoid, a new fuse cover (on top yoke), a new mirror lens, when finding out the details on the bike from honda they said they have all the seals available (blackpool honda) as for the other stuff check ebay lol, oh and obviously new tyres would be a good call
add proper degreaser and soap to your priceing cos like i said it need a fecking good clean
''
Buying it off a mate on the SV650.org forum, should be fun any way, thanks again for the advice, will probably just use it for a bit of fun and maybe look for a later model when this ones sorted.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by Neosophist » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Stewie wrote:Well Im only paying £175 for it, see below for details
''right it will need new seals all round, a new starter solinoid, a new fuse cover (on top yoke), a new mirror lens, when finding out the details on the bike from honda they said they have all the seals available (blackpool honda) as for the other stuff check ebay lol, oh and obviously new tyres would be a good call
add proper degreaser and soap to your priceing cos like i said it need a fecking good clean
''
Buying it off a mate on the SV650.org forum, should be fun any way, thanks again for the advice, will probably just use it for a bit of fun and maybe look for a later model when this ones sorted.
Not a bad price. Dont get too carried away on it though until your sure you want to commit to it.. just keep it running for at least 12 months otherwise youll find your financially commited even though you might not want it. Ride an NC30 at least ;)

Anyhow.

160.00 for the tyres
15.00 for the seals (do not buy copy ones they wont last 5 mins)
Mirrors are rocking horse but should be able to find something that will fit

David silver spares will have the seals cheap.

I know I have a spare fusebox, if theres any other niggly bits missing, when you get it make me a list, if its only minor things like that you can have them for price of postage, cant say fairer than that :)

Stewie
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Stewie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:59 am

Thats very kind of you Neo, but I cant let you just take the cost of the postage for stuff, I'll see you right mate, hopefully it wont take much to get it sorted anyway but thanks again, looks like what I heard about the site was right
Cheers
Stew

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:

Post by Neosophist » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:34 am

You are really welcome to most stuff. I literally have about 5 or 6 fuseboxes knocking around, as well as enough bits to build 3 or 4 bikes. Most of the stuff is just sitting in the garage so it may as well go to some-use.

I had a phase where I was just mass-buying parts ;)

Stewie
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Stewie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:03 pm

I had a phase where I was just mass-buying parts
Ha, yeah me too, when I had my sv and up to a point my daytona I had spare everything and virtually didnt put any of it on.

connor73
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by connor73 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:55 pm

I emailed elliots yesterday, they have them listed on the web site but the reply back was:

Sorry to say discontinued and have been for some time with no alternative.
John.

Why the chuff still list them then?, looks like I'm gonna have to weld something now as mines just falling apart before my eyes :o