general modifications/tweaks

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
speccy
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: general modifications/tweaks

Post by speccy » Mon May 05, 2008 11:23 am

tanuki wrote:
speccy wrote:i live near radcliffe on trent so like you say north lincs is about an hours ride(and not a bad one either)have always ridden big bikes but wanted some thing with a bit of class!will go on the lookout for a shock...
Often come out your way in the Summer there is that twisty road from Radcliffe to Gunthorpe, then we normally head towards Southwell after a drink at the Unicorn
sounds good-know that road quite well but have yet to ride it so will have to try it out.for some reason i normally always head south from here,must be a homing beacon as i originally lived near mallory....

DiscoDan
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by DiscoDan » Mon May 05, 2008 11:58 am

He took your pillions virginity too? Either the guy drives a really hard bargain or you really wanted that bike

Waza4
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Waza4 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:45 pm

SV650 fork springs 2003 onwards will pep the front up a treat & some decent rubber.
This would compliment the 600 shock in to a nice handling bike without blowing big bucks.

Mikiboy
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400 NC23 x 2 NC29 CBR4/600

Post by Mikiboy » Wed May 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Loads of shocks fit in but if you want the bike set up properly, get it done off Graeme with the correct dogleg linkage.
14 front sprocket is a cheap usuable performance mod.
Just increases accelleration though you may lose 2 or 3 mph top end which you never use

tanuki
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: CCM404 SM, CBR4/6 in progress

Post by tanuki » Wed May 07, 2008 6:04 pm

Mikiboy wrote:Loads of shocks fit in but if you want the bike set up properly, get it done off Graeme with the correct dogleg linkage.
14 front sprocket is a cheap usuable performance mod.
Just increases accelleration though you may lose 2 or 3 mph top end which you never use
you dont need to change the linkage its an NC29 and a 600 shock jacks up the rear no more than my Maxton and I am pretty sure they know their stuff.