NC21/NC24 Differences

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: NC21/NC24 Differences

Post by Neosophist » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:47 pm

duncan wrote:Would you gain any performance advantage by putting an nc30 motor in the nc24 chasis? I suspect not as the nc30 and the nc24 both have around 60bhp.
No, just the awkward gearing of the NC30.

You'd be better doing it the other way around if you wanted an oil-cooler, and better carbs. would make a better starting point for tuning ;)

But you'd loose that weird 360 degree idle of the 30
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

bantam_dave21
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC24, ZXR400 L9, ZXR750J2

Post by bantam_dave21 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:32 pm

Still no sign of the engine number perhaps its a T.W.O.C - gutted !!!!

Thanks for the clutch info - the rod withdraws without any major stripping so i'm in no rush, I'll just keep an eye out for the slave, rod, master & hose then when they're all painted and polished I'll get them fitted.

Don't suppose you've still got that link pipe and can that exits on the left that I read on a post you had have you?

Thanks again though for all your advice - lost otherwise

:rocks:

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Can exits in the normal place..

I'll have a look in the garage, last few weeks been taken over by kawsaki bits..
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

Vfr400KM
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Honda VFR400K

Post by Vfr400KM » Tue May 30, 2017 3:59 pm

This i weird, my nc21 seems to have a cable clutch lever at the bars to however it does have a push rod that comes through to the sprocket cover later on?
Its a KM model made for learners and jap police as far as i know. Its most notable oddities are the large crash frame over the exhaust and its single round headlight also minus most of the usual fairings.