Are these rare or common nc30 things

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 Road, SV650 Race
Are these rare or common nc30 things

Post by Spike16 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:24 pm

Iv just bought a nc30 for £1100 and the guy mentioned it had been used as a race bike in japan when it was new and it has a 'HRC wiring loom' and there is a black box with hrc moulded into it under the seat unit taking half the space in the compartment up, on closer inspection it has an adjustable showa rear shock and the wheel is held on with an extra nut with a split pin through it which is for race bikes aswell aparently, just wondering if iv stumbled onto some rareities or are they fairly common parts, the bike also has a mph speedo but it is identical to the original one with even the light pod moulded to the side of the clock, is this off a uk nc30 or something similar?

the bike has only done 15000 miles and in a 1990 bike in fairly good nick and there are no broken lugs on all original honda fairings is this i good price do you recon, its also got a scorpion carbon fibre slip on pipe, he also chucked in a brand new single sided swingarm paddock stand and 33bhp restrictor kit with certificate for free.
Last edited by Spike16 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simmo
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30 road & zxr400 race
Re: Are these rare or comon nc30 things

Post by simmo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:27 pm

id say the hrc stuff is pretty rare, but not sure about the shock and rear wheel nut.
slap up a few pics and im sure someone will be able to give you a deffinate answer

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Are these rare or common nc30 things

Post by Spike16 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:54 pm

yeh I will when I get the bike back to mine, its the same colour scheme as the big one on the front cover of the haynes nc30 manual and looks really nice for the money it cost me, i was going to do a tyga fairing and tail but am going to wait for them to bring out there 2 seater tail unit they have been promising for a while, thinking of doing a rothmans rep, and want to aventually get a usd front end on it and.....o iv got big plans for this bike.... :twisted:

matty_boy
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fitness bike
Re: Are these rare or comon nc30 things

Post by matty_boy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:55 pm

I would say not really on all but the loom, so does the bike run total loss? i.e the battery does not charge because i thought the HRC loom was a full race loom which does not run lights or a charging system, race bikes dont need them you see.

As for the HRC box i would guess that it is just a de-restrictor box that removes the top speed restictor that all import models have.

As for the wheel nut that is standard.
And so is the adjustable res on the rear shock. i think on all post 93 bikes.

Sorry to piss on your parade buddy.

matty.

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Spike16 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:00 pm

thats fine, the bike is a fully working road bike so im sure its not total loss, but the rear shock looked different to all the other nc30's iv seen, if any1 could post a pic up of there's that would be great, didnt think the wheel nut was anything special but wasnt sure, but its the speedo that confused me as its identical to the standard vfr 1 yet its in mph

matty_boy
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fitness bike

Post by matty_boy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:10 pm

Yes the speedo will be from a UK spec bike, the old one would have been in klms, alot of people change these if you can get hold of one.

Hope this helps you out.

I would be more happy that is has a really nice set of fairing on it in oem colours, that is worth its wait in gold.

I used to have a Showa adjustable shock on mine but changed it. Here is one on ebay, does it look like this one ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-NC30-rear-s ... otohosting

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Spike16 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:13 pm

yeh it looks similar to that but not sure it is the same, i only had a short look at it as i was on my back, the fairings are in very good nick with no craskc and no broken lugs, there are however scratches on the left side but i know a painter who can sort that out cheeply.

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Spike16 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:13 pm

yeh it looks similar to that but not sure it is the same, i only had a short look at it as i was on my back, the fairings are in very good nick with no craskc and no broken lugs, there are however scratches on the left side but i know a painter who can sort that out cheeply.

hannakournikova
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NC35 & SP2

Post by hannakournikova » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:16 pm

get some pics up dude!

Smev
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 of course

Post by Smev » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Nice one for getting a bike mate - bring it along to the trackday - even if you don't take it for a spin!!
I have a HRC de-restrictor on my bike so you can compare it to the one on yours.

Most of the shocks have adjustment on them and are Showa as standard, the set of locking rings are the adjustment for the shock.

And my bike that you were looking at had the wheel nut with a split pin in too!

As for the speedo - like everyone has said a uk spec one just swapped onto it at some point, so I'd be a little unsure of its genuine milage!! :o
Mister Donut Rep NC30